Yes..Another request for help with choosing a Name!

Ok...I also need help choosing a name for my Virtual Assisting business. I want something fun & catchy that rolls off the tongue. something you can say without thinking about. here are some ideas that my family and I have come up with, but can't say that I love them.
I like the slogan "Takin' Care of Your Busyness". ????

Assisting You Virtually, LLC.
ikena.com
Absolutely Virtual, LLC.
This & That Virtual Services

Please help me with Ideas!

Thank You

kathiemt

How about sharing with us your name, background, type of services you want to provide? These might also help in suggesting names for you.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea Kathie ;)

And, I'm not sure if this is intentional the 'business' with a 'y' in "Takin' Care of Your Busyness" but I'm inclined to steer clear of intentional misspellings unless the play on words is absolutely obvious....otherwise it's apt to look like a mistake; and with grammar and spelling errors so rampant on the net these days it seems even more important to draw the dividing line between you and the people who simply cannot spell ;)

ok...that would be a good idea! sorry about that.

My name is Kena Roth. My family and I live in MO. Married with 2 children both boys ages 8 & 5. One of our Favorite things to do as a family is ride 4 wheelers, We all 4 race 4-wheelers.

My services will include but not limited to, I love learning new things: Scheduling, Bookkeeping, Invoicing, Appointment Setting, Project Preparation, phone services(answering), emails(answering,sending & receiving), Internet Research, Market Research, Para Legal Admin, Call Approach & Development. Any Admin duties.

As far as the slogan, yes the misspelling was intentional. I thought it gave a fun approach. But, I do agree with you on grammar/spelling chaos on the net. And if you think it is not a wise choice, I will take your advice!

Thank You to both of you - can't wait for some great ideas!

lidiagriffin

I like the slogan "Takin' Care of Your Busyness". ????
I tend to agree with the concept of mispelling - after all if you are going to trust someone with helping you take care of your business (which is your livelihood) then wouldn't you want them to be accurate at all times. Certain types of promotions or campaigns might call for this type of word play, but I don't think your tagline is the best place for it. Remember, this is going to be highly visible and memorable to your clients.

I do like the tag line "Taking Care of Business" but I think that might have been taken by another large company.....sorry, its late so I can't remember who.....maybe Office Deot or something.:eek:ut:

Keeep throwing ideas out - the folks here are great for helping out :seeya:

yes, Like I mentioned up above I agree with the spelling/grammar. I guess my main focus is a Business Name and then I will deal with/if any a slogan. So any ideas for a business name would be wonderful.

As far as the Slogan being taken, It's not the same slogan as "Taking Care of Business". I had it worded like " Takin' Care of YOUR BUSY-Ness. anyways thanks for the input/advice. just need to focus on business name!

Thanks Everyone

My Office Zilla

Hmmm...I was just the opposite. I had a tag and worked on a name from there. I couldn't help it because I loved the tag. :D Sometimes I think the tag is the easy part!

As you are thinking, just be sure to not get your heart set on a name until you check domain availability - if you are going to do a site. Been there, done that! :mad2:

Also, don't check the same name multiple times at any given registration site because one I was searching through caught on that the same name had been hit a couple times and they "reserved" it for 4 days. If that happens and you were simply researching names and really want to buy it some where else you have to wait until the reservation expires. I don't know how many companies do this - it happened with me through Network Solutions.

I think naming is the most painful, frustrating and exciting part! At least it was in my experience. Have fun with it!

Make it a great day!

Sundi

Thank you everyone for all the great brainstorming on name ideas!! I think the name process is actually starting to come together for me..slowly but surely. :happydance:

It's a toss up between either: :juggle:

Virtually Done, LLC
Absolutely Virtual, LLC

and I have decided on the slogan of - "Think Out of the Office".

I have checked and all is available (woohoo) So now I just have to narrow down which name. Which name do you like??

Once Again, Thanks to all

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Wonderful options here!! :)

I honestly like them both but the 'Absolutely Virtual' rings more 'true' for me.

Just a quick thought on your tagline....my mind's eye *wants* to read 'Think Outside the Office' (like, think outside the box...) rather than 'Think out of the office' which makes me work for a second to find recognition and reminds me of 'out of office' autoreplies (and you don't want to connote that you're not available even on the subtlest level)...so I might suggest going with that wording. But I love the concept and am so excited for you!

Tess -
Yes, very good point. Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't look at that way but I see that now.

So, lets try this again...lol!

Absolutely Virtual, LLC
or
Virtually Done, LLC

with the slogan of - "Think Outside the Office"

Thanks a bunch :sunny:

BinAL

I like Virtually Done, LLC. better. Absolutely Virtual doesn't say a thing about what you do or what your clients can expect....lot's of things are "absolutely virtual" these days.

Virtually Done at least let's people know that something is being completed.

wahm3blessings

I love the tagline "Think Outside the Office." It is even one I've considered using myself. Lol! I used to hear "think outside the box" all the time when I was in school, so it is kind of stuck in my head.

JacksonAO

I like Virtually Done, LLC. better. Absolutely Virtual doesn't say a thing about what you do or what your clients can expect....lot's of things are "absolutely virtual" these days.

Virtually Done at least let's people know that something is being completed.
It's funny how different people will have completely different perceptions. Because I thought the opposite. When I thought of Virtually Done I thought.... "Not Really Done, only 'Virtually' Done"..... you know how people use "virtually" as a type of sarcasm. And I thought Absolutely Virtual was the one that sounded more complete.

And then, as I was writing this I accidently typed... Absolutely Done... Why don't you just go with that? Or Virtually Virtual ... ahh just teasing, but hey - it's a thought.

TammyT

Reading this thread it had never occured to me to check if a slogan was available. How does one do this? Thanks all in advance!

TammyT Re: Yes..Another request for help with choosing a Name!

Reading this thread it had never occured to me to check if a slogan was available. How does one do this? Thanks all in advance!

Hi Tammy,

Did you ever get your question answered? I apologize for not replying, must have been an oversight on my part. I know it was months ago but let me know if you would still like an answer, lol.

TammyT

raptr-ridr,

Thank you for your reply. I would still appreciate your input on this please. I have not concentrated on this topic so it has slipped by me too! :juggle:

Thanks in advance!
Tammy

onlinepas

It's funny how different people will have completely different perceptions. Because I thought the opposite. When I thought of Virtually Done I thought.... "Not Really Done, only 'Virtually' Done"..... you know how people use "virtually" as a type of sarcasm. And I thought Absolutely Virtual was the one that sounded more complete.

And then, as I was writing this I accidently typed... Absolutely Done... Why don't you just go with that? Or Virtually Virtual ... ahh just teasing, but hey - it's a thought.
I have to agree. When I read your name of "Virtually Done" I thought exactly the same thing. Not done, or not done properly, incomplete. The other way around "Done Virtually" doesn't bring these thoughts to mind though.

Just my thoughts :)

Deb