Wireless Headsets

vrsi-office

Personally I prefer wired usb headsets. The wireless ones never have a long enough batter life for me. (If doing transcription I can have the headset on for hours.)

There is another thread on this subject here.

Julie

apate1

I have both. I'm constantly moving with files and faxes so my choice is wireless. I use my wired headset when I'm taking constant incoming calls or messages. For me it pretty much depends on the assignment. You have to make it work for you.

Good Luck,
Ann

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
I use a wireless headset for Skype but one thing I don't like is that the little USB that fits in my laptop when I use it can be easily lost. I've learned to keep it in a drawer but for some time it was missing until I found it.

There are times I simply use the plug in headsets for ease in not having to poke around for the USB attachment.

Janine

momentum

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice. It seems like a great thing if you can have both wired and wireless and use according to the need.

laurathomas

hey, I guess I'm not as wire-averse as most consumers, but playing around with the Rift, the Hydra and headphones on top of it can be... entangling. In fact it gets so annoying that I seriously don't see how this could work well in the consumer space and any headset that functions for sound on your computer will work with GP4.At GatherPlace, we have tested a limited number of models and brands to date so our recommendations are limited to the few listed below.

johnl

Personally I prefer wired usb headsets. The wireless ones never have a long enough batter life for me. (If doing transcription I can have the headset on for hours.)

There is another thread on this subject here.

Julie
Same here. I had a wireless headset before but I have used it for just a week. The battery life isn't much a benefit if you are using this kind of headset.

AlyssaJohnsonVA

I use a wired headset as I find the quality to be more clear and the cord is long enough where I can pace around a little. Mine is by Logitech.

Emmeelue84

I have used a wired and wireless one, the wireless one for some reason the bluetooth on my computer keeps deleting the program it uses. I prefer wired.

WorkbyRebecca

I have used wired, but the wire gets a bit long when I am moving around my office. I sometimes find myself rolling over it. I want to try a wireless one, but I am afraid I will forget the range and drop a call. Does anyone recommend a good wireless brand?

Rebecca

Desiree M

I have a wired headset which suits my needs, although I have to remember not to move around too much; I've definitely ganked it out of my ear while reaching for something. If you're a pacer while you talk, wireless is probably the way to go

alannahmvw

I like the wireless headset since I am comfortable in moving around while I am wearing it. It's also a matter of usage to determine the life span of the battery.

Virtual Alex

I would also be interested in a good wireless brand. I am currently using a wired headset so I tend to stay put, but getting up and moving around would be a nice option!