What is your title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Office Zilla

When you use your name, linked with your company name, what do use as your title? Not just on business cards but where ever.

Also, if you DON'T use VA as your title do you have something on the FRONT of your business card that makes it obvious exactly what it is you do?

Can you tell I'm working on my business cards? :shy:

Make it a great day!

Sundi

My Office Zilla

Is there anyone who uses some thing catchy? For example, my friend owns a very successful chocolate company - the biggest, best chocolate covered strawberries you've EVER seen or tasted! Her title is CCO, Chief Chocolate Officer...rather than COO, CEO, CFO...but it is cool because it falls in the same alphabet soup!

Sundi

Cardinal Point

This is one of the items that I've been trying to think through. Here are a few ideas:

Managing Partner
Managing Member
Managing Director
Founder
Co-Founder (if you are doing an LLC in a state that requires two members)
CEO
CVO (Chief Virtual Officer)
President

and of course you can always have more than one - say on your website (i.e. Managing Director and Co-Founder).

HTH

Kim

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I had 'Professional Day Maker' on my cards for a long time....
My husband: 'Professional Problem Solver'

I know at the Cranium game company they've made up a whole new way of titling their staff - it's pretty cool the way they do it and lends a real sense of creativity, uniqueness, and fun to the business of being head of a business ;)

Ask Viki!

I didn't put a title on my business cards, but since my business is called Ask Viki! Ltd. and my name is Viki, I figured it redundant to put that I'm the owner! But, on and in everything else, for example, my email signature says "Viki Garrison, Owner".

On the back of my biz card is a list of 9 things I can do for a client and the words "Notes:" Half of the back is blank under the 'Notes:" so they can write notes! I had the back completely filled with a list of my services, but at a seminar I attended called How to Start a Business, the lecturer liked my card except he said that people write on the backs, so I compromised and only filled half the back.

Good Luck!
Viki

My Office Zilla

I LOVE the idea of CVO...Chief Virtual Officer. I get the whole point of professionalism but I want my business to be FUN! Fun is different for different people so I'm constantly trying to find things not way out there but just different enough to cause pause!

I love the idea of half blank on the back of your cards!

I know we've all said it before but this place rocks! :grouphug: Thanks for your ideas!

Make it a great day!

Sundi

Jean-VA

My title? Virtual Assistant. It's designed like a sub-heading right under my name.

When I give away my business cards to local people, just as soon as they see the word VA they would ask, "What's that?" ;) That's my instant opportunity to practice the 30-seconds elevator speech.

Gravics

I didn't put a title on my business cards, but since my business is called Ask Viki! Ltd. and my name is Viki, I figured it redundant to put that I'm the owner! But, on and in everything else, for example, my email signature says "Viki Garrison, Owner".

On the back of my biz card is a list of 9 things I can do for a client and the words "Notes:" Half of the back is blank under the 'Notes:" so they can write notes! I had the back completely filled with a list of my services, but at a seminar I attended called How to Start a Business, the lecturer liked my card except he said that people write on the backs, so I compromised and only filled half the back.

Good Luck!
Viki
The 9 things you can do for client is super - and the note area too - thanks for that idea.

catfive

Right now I have Consultant and Virtual Business Professional under that. As Tess mentioned Cranium I wanted to add that I fell into a chat or something, somewhere with google people and their titles were things like "Rock Star" and "Chief Handshaker".

kathy

D'Stinction

I really like the Chief Virtual Officer as well. I went with Proprietress - what I felt was something a little different, but also conveyed the fact of being owner/founder.

Status
Not open for further replies.