Question What is your most in-demand service?

TimeForLife

We offer many services, but our most in demand services include social media strategy and execution, newsletter strategy and development and e-marketing for authors, speakers and coaches.

Williams

Social media is not my expertise I have people that help me with mine. What I use the most are QuickBooks, Invoicing, Newsletters, Scanning, Data Entry.
The majority of what I do most is what my clients hate most.
This is exactly what I will be sharing with my soon to be clients - What are the tasks you do not enjoy doing? Give those to me and then your time is freed up for more important tasks, e.g., your customers!

My hours are just about evenly divided between writing (ghost and credited) and editing. There's a little admin-type stuff too, but it's a pretty small percentage these days.

The Perfect Word

Community Leader
The only work I do is transcription, but within that niche insurance recorded statements take up most of my work day. The next would be a tie between general interviews and focus groups. I transcribe several monthly board meetings for one client, but I've never had any other requests for this.

Williams

Pam,

what do you use to transcribe--any equipment? or just listen from computer downloaded file and transcribe?

The Perfect Word

Community Leader
Terri, I have micro and standard cassette transcribers and also transcribe from e-mailed audio files (for that I use free software and a foot pedal). Most of my clients send the digital files, but a few still use the cassette tapes.

:thumbsup:

Williams

Thanks, Pam! I was unaware that I could purchase a foot pedal for transcription over the internet. NICE! That would definitely make it a lot easier.

wwwkelley

All, I am in the planning stages of my business. Could you give a short explanation of what types of activities go under
event planning- Do you arrange catering, venues, send out invites, or is there more to it than that
Social media- Are you updating facebook pages, or creating them
How much of what you do can be done from home and how much requires that you go into the clients office. I currently work a 9-5 and would like to find a part time next year so that I can build business

debw241

Most of my VIRTUAL projects have been Legal documents.

note to wwwkelley: Now that I am in Vegas I find I am busier in Event Planning now -- not just the fun stuff for individuals and businesses but marketing as well. Las Vegas is Convention Capital of the World - so part of my Event Planning is that I will actually attend conferences, etc for Businesses. My newest niche is Recreational - geared specifically for R.V. -- hopefully that will be my busiest for Parks as well as the RVer.

I NEED to learn more about Social Media etc and get involved with that more. I do assist RV Parks by increasing their internet awareness/and presence.

RobnT08

For most of mine it is social media and general office tasks like POs, sales, email, customer, employee or vendor relations. It use to be writing, but I have been slowly moving away from that.

RenaeMcgregor

Mine seems to change weekly I have a lot that want their paper files scanned, organizing data, research, Quickbooks, newsletters, e-mails, last month I had a transcribing project. This month I am doing a lot of Quickbooks and research. I have never concentrated on only one or two services.

Virtual Jane

Im noticing that database creation and cleanup and Promotional/Marketing consulting (I can come up with ideas for others but sometimes I cant for myself) are big demands for me.

Gravics

Social media is not my expertise I have people that help me with mine. What I use the most are QuickBooks, Invoicing, Newsletters, Scanning, Data Entry.
The majority of what I do most is what my clients hate most.
I am just starting out and trying to determine my services. When you do client data entry how does that work - do they supply you with the information they want in a database? Do they send you their data base to enter information? And how do they send you the data? Is it via e-mail? Faxed? Snail mail?

What kind of turn around time do they expect?

Thanks for your patience with all my questions.

Gravics

For most of mine it is social media and general office tasks like POs, sales, email, customer, employee or vendor relations. It use to be writing, but I have been slowly moving away from that.
What does it entail when you handle email for clients? Are you answering their e-mail for them?
Also when you handle their social media - what does that mean - are you posting comments for them daily on facebook and twitter or are you handling an event or ad campaign?
Thanks for your answers

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Gravics,

You may want to take your individual questions to the appropriate category such as Business Development or Social Media or Email. I say this not be offensive in any way because you have good questions. But you will open up the questions to more people and receive more responses given that this thread is about the most asked for services.

While I am quite sure my colleagues here will be pleased to answer your questions, if you want to get a broad perspective, try the categories I mentioned.

Another good thing to do is to poke around other virtual assistant websites who specialize in social media or email management, for example. You will see listings of services which explains what a particular VA will handle. When I was starting out, this type of research was a big help.

Good luck!

Janine