What do you think of this name?

CYMMTJ

Technical Techology - Personal Assistant at Your Service

I like the fact that it has two T's because I have a great logo signature in my mind...

Will have to have it drawn then scan so I can show it to you..

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yvonne, Sounds like you have a good start, especially if you'll be offering technology-related services :) I'd suggest working the word 'virtual' in your tagline somewhere, perhaps 'Personal Virtual Assistant at Your Service'

CYMMTJ

Hehe - I threw it out and after brainstorming all day & night yesterday plus today - I finally settled on plain boring name since I can't seem to come up with names that is original....different than other VA names.

It is, la la! YP Assistant - Your Professiona Assistant - Booooo! LoL ( I did have Your Professional Assistant at Your Service) but it seemed too long? I figured that YP Assistant might work cuz YP is my intitials and yet it stands for "Your Professional Assistant" hehe.

I'll think a bit more before finally registering my name...in case I actually come up with something good...

:D

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yvonne :) Don't rush yourself...you have plenty of time to come up with a name you really like!
I think Your Professional Assistant is a good starting point too - and the fact that it's your initials (YP) makes it even more special.
Have you thought of combining your name with the term Virtual Assistant?...I'm just brainstorming here and these ideas are totally off the cuff but what about starting with and playing around with

'Virtual Yvonne'
or
'YP Virtual Assistance'
or
'Virtually Yvonne'

Just some ideas! You're getting there! Don't give up and settle for a name you don't love - it's your business name and you'll have to see it every day :) It should be something that inspires you ;)

VBP

When I was trying to come up with my business name, I took a sheet of blank paper and started to write every name down that came to mind. Even if it didin't make sense, like "business virtual", I wrote it! I didn't stop until it was almost filled up and low and behold, Virtual Business Partners was born. There is something definitely to be said for brain storming! Good luck!

Office Goddess

Find something that makes you think "yeah, that's me!" instead of just trying to find a name. If it feels right, it will resonate when you talk to other people and they'll remember it better :)

CYMMTJ

Lily - hmm, YP Virtual Assistance might be okay for me! I'll think some more.

Doreen - yup, that is just what I did except on the computer using mircosoft office. I typed in a lot of words and I even used thesaurus for each word I thought of as well :D

Okay - back to my thinking cap! ;)

Oh - before I go - At one point I came up with "Archer Assistant Online" - what do you think of that one? Archer is the meaning of my name, Yvonne.

Yvonne

Agnes

Yvonne-- Have you come up with a name yet? I went round is circles getting a name and eventually used the method Tess mentioned.

CYMMTJ

Hmm - I have thought a few more names but I seem to be coming back to "Archer Assistant Online".

I am not the greatest at coming up with names but I think I will be okay with that name.

First - it describs who? Archer. Then what? Assistant. Then where? Online. Then I'll need to come up with a tag with a 'why' and 'how' :0).

Simple and to the point.

The how part can cover, in detail, the 'virtual' aspect of my business.

Archer Assistant Virtual just doesn't click with me.

Maybe Virtual Archer Assistant?

Still deciding...

Oh and thanks, Lily! I'm glad you like that name. I think it make sense - we'll see.

CYMMTJ

LoL - what logos do you see??

Please tellll meeee!! :0)

Also taking Tess' advice - what about "Acrher Virtual Assistant" ??

Office Goddess

LoL - what logos do you see??

Please tellll meeee!! :0)

Also taking Tess' advice - what about "Archer Virtual Assistant" ??
I like that, too! I see a bullseye w/arrows embedded in the center, or a cartoon archer pointing his bow at a spreadsheet (or other obnoxious piece of paper)... the mind boggles

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I agree...great branding potential :) Yvonne, I just suggested getting virtual and assistant in there for the sake of clarity (as opposed to the initially suggested company name). I think any of these variations on 'Archer' are really fabulous!