Question What are you reselling & how do you package it to your clients & leads?

Simplified VA

I am a reseller & I have developed different bundles/packages depending on what a lead or client's specific need is. I'm just looking for tips or what works best for you.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Morgan,

In all the years I have been on this board, I have not ever read about being a reseller. I know what a reseller is in terms of products and packaging items into a bundle, but I have not heard of this as far as bundling someone else's VA services and then reselling these to a client. Certainly, if I am not understanding this, please correct me.

Please describe what you do a bit further. While I don't bundle VA services as a service for other VAs I do bundle my own services for clients. So perhaps I can offer some tips there.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Janine

Simplified VA

I'm sorry Janine. I wasn't clear on what I resell (looking back). I do sometimes contract with/outsource to other VAs but never re-sell.

I became certified in Hootsuite & Constant Contact. Then I became a partner/re-seller of Hootsuite & Constant Contact. If a client is new to business, has interest, or needs help in these areas of digital media, I can sell them the product. I can simply sell it or work it into a package with my VA services. Constant Contact was great because they even gave their suggested rates, which had me a bit shocked.

There are a bunch of business platforms or tools that VA's can resell. CRMs, Wordpress, etc. Before I make a final decision on also reselling a CRM. I want to know how other VA's are benefiting. Many of the resources that come with platforms I resell have tips from other marketing firms but I want the VA perspective because we offer so many other great services.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Morgan,

Sorry, are you referring to being an affiliate and selling product to clients and receiving a commission on these items? Is that what you are stating as reselling?

If that is the case, I do use my affiliate account for hosting, WordPress themes and advising other VAs on products to purchase for their businesses.

Janine

Simplified VA

Yes, Janine. Those companies specifically refer to it as reselling or partnering, so those are the terms I usually use.

Do you use your affiliate accounts with your clients? I offer a few things in different ways because on one end, I have many start-up clients and on the other I have many older businesses that would like to start reaching an online audience. Some know exactly what they want, while others do not. For those who already have a product in place, I usually use their product (before I encourage them to use mine).

Right now I'm in a trial & error stage because when I ask what is best for business I usually get "do what works". This is frustrating because I know I shouldn't have to re-invent the wheel. The leads I get want a mix of the average virtual administrative services that I offer & the co-branded affiliate products too. I rely on my client assessment to present them the best plan for growing their business, but I'm curious on if there is another/better way.

At this point, I think I'm just winging it.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hi Morgan,

I really don't give as much thought into being an affiliate other than the time when it comes up. As I mentioned I do offer hostgator, wordpress, CRM, email such as MadMimi and certain virtual assistant websites.

I use the affiliate links as I go depending upon whether I need them or not.

If someone comes to me for a new website, I will automatically suggest hostgator which is my go-to host provider. But if the site is already created, I just use what the client has in place.

I make suggestions for products but only if they are needed. And I do that as time goes on unless the client asks for something early in the relationship that I can offer or suggest right away.

Janine