Virtual Phone Numbers?

mjudge

Hi I am searching for the cheap but quality service Virtual Phone provider. I hope I can find a good one. :)

mjudge

I mean virtual phone. Which can be set up virtual offices too. I don't how to elaborate more...maybe none have experience to have it.

Emmeelue84

Its a phone through the internet. So you use your computer headset to talk and listen through. Also I saw someone else mentioned, I have a few clients that use Ring Central as well.

mindsparlor

I also use Skype also but recently found several apps on android phones where you can get a second number on your cell for around $20 a month. This way, you can separate business and personal calls easily. evoice is one of them, I have fumber and synclio isn't bad either.

Heather845

I use Skype as well. It is free (in my budget) and we can also use the face to face option that means so much more than just a flurry of emails.

Good question!

March

Most of the people I know who use virtual phone numbers have them with Skype as it's relatively inexpensive to setup and the call quality is usually pretty good. I have no experience with google voice since I'm in Canada and I believe it's a U.S.-only thing at the moment.

For video calls, I also alternate between Skype and Google Hangouts depending on the client's preference. Although there are services that provide more stable and higher quality service (especially when connecting through long distances), free is a pretty hard value to pass up.

JC-BS

From what I hear google voice is a great way to go. Because I am in the US and have Canadian clients I am also looking into an 800# instead. Does anyone have any suggestions for 800#'s?

Desiree M

I use Skype for online video chatting

I've heard good things about Google Voice, but read that they will be ending service? I'm considering using Grasshopper as an alternative, although it's not exactly internet-phone service (I use Skype for that), because it can forward calls on a unique business number to my current personal cell phone and show me that it's someone who called my business number, and I can also call OUT on my personal cell phone with that business number so my personal # doesn't show up. Does anyone else use Grasshopper?

JoLeicester

I use Ooma for my phone/fax. It costs me around $5 a month (you do have to buy an Ooma box up front) and has great call quality and options. For video calls I am using Google hangouts.

oofva

For toll free numbers, Ring Central is the best option .. plus you get their virtual faxing service, a great mobile app, and good CS. But it's not cheap, even if you can find a discount code.