Virtual Assistant Forums is on Google+

VAF Admin

Forum Administration
Staff member
It's just been put up today and will need some serious attention over the weekend to really come to life but in the meantime, please do join VAF over at Google+!

Do you have tips, suggestions, and best practices for Google+ for business that we should know about? Please share by replying to this thread :)

Jersey

I've been lax, so my g+ account isn't a good example, but here is what I've learned and will implement soon!
Post regularly
Build your circles
Use "Hangout" - it's so under-utilized, but makes a difference!
Content marketing is in, keywords are out.

VAF Admin

Forum Administration
Staff member
Awesome, thank you! :)
We're going to be investing some resources in that page so stay tuned!

Coline

I just started following VAF on Google+ I am still learning about Google+, Hangouts looks like it has a lot of possibilities

Oh, that's funny. I was just looking around the forums to see whether everyone here found Google+ worth the bother. I guess this thread is a resounding YES!

No definite decision here yet--I'm just not sure I have the inclination to give social media a big chunk of my limited time (I deleted my Facebook page for just this reason, and I haven't missed it since)--but if I eventually do, I'll look for VAF there. :)

PatentVA

While I had a Google+ account, I hadn't really used it much. With the Jumpstart VA class we're using Google Hangouts for our online "lesson" each week. It's pretty slick! I have decided to schedule some time to focus on Google+.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Google+ for business is definitely worth taking a look at - especially now that they're attaching search results to G+ business pages - it's one of the biggest reasons I finally decided to invest some time and resources in yet another social network :)

mskelly1975

I too am on Google + and never really took the time to sit down and play with it. I accredit a lot of my lost time to my full time job (just over & journey of the broke)

NadineH

I have been very lax on google+ but I have just added VAF to my circle and hopefully this will motivate me to get much more active over there!

LuzDonahue

VAF Community Leader
Woohoo! Glad to hear it Nadine. Keep in touch in there. The communities on there are really cool. I started out by getting involved in couple VA ones and some other fun things that interested me, like photography. After you play around with G+ for a while you learn to love it. :)

NadineH

Thanks Luz, my plan is to make sure that I post something in each of my social media platforms at least once per day, that way I won't fall behind...at least that's the plan anyway lol!

I know that the more I use it the more I will love it because although I have a FB personal page I rarely go on and I think google+ is more for me than FB.

P

PutItOnMyPlate

Looks like I joined google + at just the right time. Just getting my feet wet