Virtual Assistant Contracts

Hello Everyone, :confused:

I have just started my business and had some questions about the contracts.

Do I povide a contract for every project for the same client or should I provide them with only one contract for a one year period?

What are key questions when doing a consultation with a client? and are there any forms that illustrate all the questions that need to be asked?

Please help!!!!!

Karla :seeya:

Karen

Hi Karla,
I use an annual contract for anyone who wants to use my services on a regular basis whether it is a retainer situation or just occasional projects. The contract is quite general and the details of the work, payment method, etc. are specified in an addendum. Any new assignments or other changes can be made with simple one-page addendums. At the end of the year we review and extend the official contract with a signed extension page. That way paperwork is at a minimum and I think the client finds it much easier to okay the extension of an existing contract than formally consider a new one.
One-off job contracts expire when the job is complete.

I hope that helps. I am sure there will be different ideas coming from others.

Sounds great Karen! I absolutely agree that extending the original contract will go over much easier than a brand new one every year - it really keeps the mindset that there are no major changes and does not need to be reconsidered. Easy, green and smart!

Monica

CMColeman

Hi Karla,
I use an annual contract for anyone who wants to use my services on a regular basis whether it is a retainer situation or just occasional projects. The contract is quite general and the details of the work, payment method, etc. are specified in an addendum. Any new assignments or other changes can be made with simple one-page addendums. At the end of the year we review and extend the official contract with a signed extension page. That way paperwork is at a minimum and I think the client finds it much easier to okay the extension of an existing contract than formally consider a new one.
One-off job contracts expire when the job is complete.

I hope that helps. I am sure there will be different ideas coming from others.

I love this idea Karen. Would it be possible to request a sample (generic obviously) of how you set it up? I have contracts written, but am having a hard time visualizing how to format it for an annual + addendums.

AngelicaP33

Hi, can anyone please submit a sample contract they use for their clients? I am new to the VA industry and I just want to make sure that when I get my first client I have that contract ready. Thanks.

JoCarole

Hello Everyone, :confused:

I have just started my business and had some questions about the contracts.

Do I povide a contract for every project for the same client or should I provide them with only one contract for a one year period?

What are key questions when doing a consultation with a client? and are there any forms that illustrate all the questions that need to be asked?

Please help!!!!!

Karla :seeya:
Hi karla,
This should start you out. Here is the link for VAF's document library. You will find a standard contract + other forms to help you out! http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/free-virtual-assistant-forms-contracts
HTH :eek:

virtualcreative

I have had the same questions - thank you. I have not used contracts thus far in my business but I've been thinking it would make me look more professional. Not to mention the legal stuff (which I still need to learn more about!). :)

JKVirtualOffice

I suggest putting in the 50 posts. It's really not too much to ask rather than asking for someone to put up a sample contract that they've already worked hard to put together. Putting in a little time on the forums is a good way to participate and to contribute in exchange for gaining access to documents that other VAs have put time into.

tracy

Great information! Thank you to everyone whom posts tips and advice. I am currently starting my VA business and love this site.

I always do up a contract for all clients, regardless of the amount of work I will be doing for them.

I've had a client that skipped out on paying me and had to send the details to a collection agency. The contract helped to get most of my money back.

I've just downloaded the Become a Virtual Assistant Package $39/£25 from this site which is much better value than others I have found and includes contracts for US, UK and Canada. Its well worth the investment even on my non-existant budget! I'm just starting out and have been searching for weeks for suitable contracts and the ones included here seem to be fairly thorough.

Emma:)

Hi Everyone

When you sign your contract off just wondering what people generally put for their title. I'm a sole trader ie, Emma Aveson t/a Virtual Office Ally. I think I have to put my name on documents as I'm not limited but wonder what I call myself - Director maybe!

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
Emma