Tagline Help

LaWill

Hi Y'all!

I just filed the paperwork with my lawyer for my new company, Organized Chaos, LLC. (SO EXCITED!! :happydance:) But now I'm stuck on picking a tagline!!

My first thought is:

Virtually Organizing the Chaos

What you you all think? Any suggestions? Any feedback or assistance is appreciated :)

Blessedmomof5

Hey Lori,
I suck at this kind of stuff - but that's probably why my business name is Udlock Virtual...I'm the business and I do have a "catchy" last name...if they can pronounce Udlock like a cow's udder.

I stumbled over reading Virtually so...

Organizing your chaos virtually,

Organizing the chaos virtually,

Get your chaos organized

Hire me to organize your chaos ...

Organizing chaos virtually one clutter at a time,

Sorry, there are a lot of brilliant woman on this forum - They'll help you out.

AND are you an organizational VA?
jan

LaWill

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the advice! Yes, my forte is definitely organization. Though I have a lot of other skills too :)

Great name! Am a little jealous because some form of "organizing chaos" is one of the things I've been playing around with for my tagline. Never thought of it for a name!

I, too, need to be inspired to come up with taglines, but I did think one thing when I read your idea, which is that I don't think you should use the same words in your tagline as in your name. Using one sounds okay, but using both sounds like... too much? Uninspired? Kinda hard to explain. Anyway, that's my opinion.

BTW, your domain name appears to be owned by a small reseller (https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=OrganizedChaos.com), rather than someone who does that for a living, and he's owned it for a long time. His contact number is even on the whois record.

If I were you, I'd put on my prettiest phone voice and see what kind of offer you can make. I did this with my store's domain name, and the seller turned out to be a woman who thought she might use it one day but decided she probably wouldn't; we agreed on a reasonable price - she even let me pay in two installments, with no contract - and transferred it to me that week. We are still friends to this day.

LaWill

Thanks for the advice Karen!

My domain is actually organizedchaoslwa.com and I purchased it off of GoDaddy ... OrganizedChaos.com and OrganizedChaosLLC.com where already taken so I added my monogram to the end to personalize it. I'll look into the domain you mentioned just to be safe though!

In regards to the tagline, that was my thought too. Adding both seems a little repetitive. How do you feel about the tagline ... Decluttering your world one project at a time!

Do you think I should somehow incorporate the word virtual in there somewhere?

Thanks for helpful feedback!

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Karen,

This may not be a popular response, but IMO the URL should be memorable and easy to type. By adding letters to the domain that mean something to you but not to a user, might be confusing and not get you the SEO you are looking for.

OrganizedChaos.com is memorable and easy to type. I'm sorry you were not able to get this URL.

I would suggest you rework the domain first. Would YourOrganizedChaos.com or something used with full words be something you might consider?

Then your tagline, "Virtually Organizing Your Chaos" takes on new meaning and can be played with even further with some of Jan's great suggestions.

Best,

Janine

You meant to direct your response to Lori, right? This is her thread.

FWIW, I agree with you. If she can get organizedchaos.com from that guy who owns it, it would be worth it. That's why I included the whois info.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hi Lori,

Sorry, I directed my reply below to the wrong person. Thank you Karen for catching that!

Best,

Janine

Karen,

This may not be a popular response, but IMO the URL should be memorable and easy to type. By adding letters to the domain that mean something to you but not to a user, might be confusing and not get you the SEO you are looking for.

OrganizedChaos.com is memorable and easy to type. I'm sorry you were not able to get this URL.

I would suggest you rework the domain first. Would YourOrganizedChaos.com or something used with full words be something you might consider?

Then your tagline, "Virtually Organizing Your Chaos" takes on new meaning and can be played with even further with some of Jan's great suggestions.

Best,

Janine

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Karen,

I can't say if that is possible for Lori to purchase that domain. Most times I see this done it costs hundreds if not thousands to purchase. But maybe she will be lucky like you and get a nice person who will be willing to sell it to her if that option works.

Janine

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with Janine about the URL - it's frustrating with all these domain resellers out there buying up the good stuff!

Re: the tagline, I don't think you necessarily have to repeat all of the words in your company name.

Something like

Taming/Owning/Calming the chaos in your business

or similar gets the point across without being redundant.

Looking forward to seeing where you land with this - and do post back to let us know if you're able to get your business domain after all!

Ben Jones

Hi all, can I get your advice on a tag line that I am thinking about?

I have narrowed down my business name to "Jones Virtual Services" or "Jones Virtual Solutions" with the tag line "Finishing the tasks that you don't want to Start".

The services I will be offering, I have not set these in stone as yet but wanted to have a business name/tag line that doesn't lock me into a certain category of service as I will want to grow.

Minty

Hi again Ben! :D Was just replying to your post when I saw this.

I think your tagline is really great - and oh no, I'm starting to get animated banner ideas! lol And I agree that your name/tag doesn't lock you in. If problem solving is one of your strengths I would go with Solutions. Just a thought. I went with Services cos my priority is helping people. I wanted to use 'support' but my mentor told me that made it sound like a counselling service :)