Speaker Virtual Assistants?

KarynCroteau

Hello,
When I considered starting my VA practice, I did not think my niche or target market would become Speakers/Coaches but...it's slowly morphing into that area. I'm excited by the opportunities presented and am wondering if anyone else specializes in this area. If so, I have a few questions for you:

When approaching a speaker's bureau for possible representation of your client, what questions do you make sure you ask?

Do you know if there are specific speaker's bureau's that are the "most sought after"?

Thanks!
Karyn

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Re: Speaker VA's?

I work with speakers, coaches and authors...most of the time one client is all three of those rolled into one.

I don't use speaker bureaus because of the fees involved. Most of my clients attend conferences for associations in which they are members. They will ask to present and then I set up the rest.

Sorry I don't have much more information for you.

Janine

KarynCroteau

Thanks, Janine! He wants to get listed with as many speaker's bureau's as possible. I'm not so sure he took into account the fees associated with that though! :)

Karyn

lisa4jvs

Hi Karyn.

I create custom openers and pitch letter for connecting with event planners for each client. Those customized pieces answer several questions in a couple of sentences for the planners.

As Janine stated, fees are attached to speaker bureaus. I use a variety of other options to find speaking opportunities including setting up Google Alerts and contacting organizations that fit the speakers target market and niche.

mariegray

Hello ladies. This is a market that I am very interested in. I'm just curious how you got started with them? I'm learning how to use Twitter for marketing, but I freeze when i try to determine my tarket market on Twitter, and WHo or WHERE they are?
MG

lisa4jvs

To be perfectly honest, it was kind of thrown in my lap. I was doing an internship for a coach who wanted to have speaking gigs and started with her own live event. I was mentored by the person who booked events for her coach and, later, took a course.

TTWalker

Would working with speakers and coaches be a good niche for me to get into if I am currently an event planner?

virtuallynsync

TTWalker that is definitely somewhere you can get started! I have somewhere on my team who is an event planner and she works specifically with speakers and coaches who travel most of the time planning their trips and so forth.

YourVPA

Hi
I realise this is an old thread but it is relevant to my question.
Have any of you used the "Virtual Speakers Assistant Course" run by Jan King?
I am interested in doing the course but can't get Jan King to answer my emails.
I am based in Australia. I would love to get some feedback on the course, whether you think it worth doing. Has it helped you to target and service speaker clients? Have you had prior experience working with speakers before doing the course? Is it targeted specifically to an Amercan Market? Any feedback on the course would be HUGELY appreciated...