Separate name for VA business?

31millionseconds

I'm having some inner conflict about naming the VA business I would like to start. I already have a personal blog (31 Million Seconds) that has been around for about a year and a half, and is growing steadily. At first, I thought about just creating an umbrella name like 31MS Multimedia to include the blog, the VA business, and what I hope will eventually also become a blogging transfer and maintenance business.

However, now I'm beginning to think that's not such a good idea. I'm wondering if I should have a completely separate business name for my VA business so people will actually know what it is.

What say you?

I think that it might be a good idea to have separate business name for two businesses as long as they are significantly different from one another. Maybe you could have a link on each site leading to the other? I have a blog myself, but it's a personal blog and not really business related, so it was any easy choice for me!

31millionseconds

Yes, the personal blog will be relatively separate from the VA business. I certainly plan on using banners on my blog to promote the VA side. It sounds like my gut feeling of using different names was on track. Now, it's back to the drawing board to figure out just what that name should be!

Susankelly

I'd say to have them named differently. I looked at the blog (which I liked and bookmarked btw) and I think it might make sense to keep them separate. If you have a lot of readers you can always tell them about your business venture.

Welcome to the forum!

31millionseconds

Thanks Susan! I did want my VA business to focus on helping bloggers since that's where I have the most experience. Since a lot of my readers are fellow bloggers, I had been planning on using my blog as advertising to get the word out there.

JHodgsonVA

I agree that having a separate name for the VA business would be the way to go. It's great that you'll be able to use your blog as a way to pick up clients. Good luck to you! :)

31millionseconds

Thank you Jennifer and Francesca! With the help of the advice everyone offered, I have decided to come up with a completely different name. Now, I just need to sit down and start brainstorming some good possibilities.

gary888

Dear :

Great News! We now offer, aside from the website design services, the following packages to help you more achieve your business goals . Please see below and let me know if interested :

1. Online Marketing:
  • SEO
  • Social Media Marketing
  • Newsletter
  • Forum/Blog
  • Email Marketing
  • Manage Social Media Advertising
    • Post Boosting (Client will pay)
    • Google Adwords (client will pay)
  • Infographics
  • Leads Generation/Lead Capture page

2. Back Office
  • Accounting
  • Bookkeeping (client will provide Quickbooks account)
  • Payroll (using client's tool)
  • Data Entry
  • Minor research
  • Powerpoint creation
  • Infographics

3. Virtual Assistant
  • Customer Service
  • Email Management
  • Appointment Setting

Let us know if you need more services. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Gary Marquez
----------------------
Sales Executive
Proweaver Web Solutions
Phone No: 949-242-0517
Company Email: gary@proweaver.net

eluminousva15

You can also try to use your own name. Using your own name might not work so well if you want to expand
or sell your business later, but overall it is quite a good option.