Revamped my website, let me know how it looks please!

emgmcv12

I totally revamped my website. I was not happy with what I was getting out of wordpress, I wanted something flashier!

www.mcveighvirtualservices.com

Let me know what you think, if it loads ok, etc. I will add a blog eventually, but I needed to get the site back up ASAP.

Liz

VA Allie

Hi Liz,

I love your site! Gorgeous. Note, I did find a tiny typo on it. On the Consultations page you've got "Choose a time for your free 30 minutes Virtual Assistant consultation."

And I love your tag line. :) One of the nicest VA sites I've seen. :)

VA Allie

Oh, still perusing - your Social Media page has several duplicates.

My first impression is that your Services page should come before your Social Media one. The home page is a teaser about what you do, so the next thing I'd expect to read is more about what you do. I'd expect the Social Media to come later, but that's just me.

Edited to add, I hope I don't sound critical - it's a great site!

emgmcv12

Oh, still perusing - your Social Media page has several duplicates.

My first impression is that your Services page should come before your Social Media one. The home page is a teaser about what you do, so the next thing I'd expect to read is more about what you do. I'd expect the Social Media to come later, but that's just me.

Edited to add, I hope I don't sound critical - it's a great site!
No, I need the critique! I look at it and I don't see what someone from the outside will see. My family is no help, lol. So, thank you for your help!

Liz

emgmcv12

I fixed the typo and moved the pages around :) I also fixed my twitter feed, not sure why it was stalled out and double posting! thank you for catching that.

Liz

LeeDrozak

Community Leader
I like what you did but I really don't know what you offer. First impression is not a virtual business because of the conference room image. Then I go to your services page and come upon a price list.

You need to add some talking points and enhanced copy.

FeliciaG

Hi Liz,

I thought the site looked good and professional! It would be good for potential clients to see the services you offer, most may not want to call or email to find out.

Best wishes
Felicia

emgmcv12

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll be working on it more this weekend and updating the services page to reflect the suggestions you made.

Liz

wcvirtual

Loving your website, especially the home page! I would add more information on the benefits of having a virtual assistant somewhere on your site. Looks really good!

amylynn

Looking good! It might be a good idea to add some more content-- who you are, what you do, what problem can you solve for your client. I love the large background images, would be a great place to promote yourself at some point (like if you do an ebook or something.)

The consultation page took a pretty long time to load for me, maybe 15-20 seconds. If possible, I'd look into ways to speed that up.

emgmcv12

For now I've changed my background images. I wasn't happy with the ones I had, so I went with a pattern until I find something that conveys what I have in my head.

Amy - I noticed that the page takes a bit to load, my guess is its because it links to my calendar through another app. I'll see if there is anyway to speed that up a bit.

Slowly trying to build some more content, but I don't seem to be very good at putting my thoughts down on paper/computer in a way that makes sense to anyone else. I'm not good at blogging, so I'm thinking of hiring a freelance writer to write my blog posts for me. I haven't even put the blog page up yet because its blank.

Liz

AuroraMuse

Looks good!!
I do like the 'new flow' with the moved services page. I red the comment after reviewing the site and was like "hm...I didn't notice that, the flow felt natural to me" and realized the pages had already been moved. I definitely thing they make sense that way.
I personally like the about pages either speaking about how you help companies (i.e. what problems you solve) and/or just about you. I feel like I am more inclined to work with someone when I 'hear' more about them.
The consultation page did take a few seconds extra to loud (I would say under 15 for me) but once I saw it was an app that I can choose times it felt worth it/understandable. As mentioned above, it would be worth it to look into ways to speed it up but if you are not able to find it (or while you are looking into it) you could also add a small note that loads before hand that gives the viewer something to read/an idea of what's coming up. Something a long the lines with "Here are my available times, just pick any time that works best for you and in no time we'll be finding ways to [primary way you describe the problem you solve] (note: the calendar may take a few extra seconds to load).

Hope that helps!!

Peggy

I really like your site! It's good as it stands, but as you continue to enhance it, I would add more content under the Services section and more about you. As Aurora mentioned, people like to know who they're working with and develop a relationship.

The Twitter feed is a very nice feature. Nicely done!