Recorded call: Top 5 Things I Wish I'd Known with Michelle Mangen

Michelle Mangen

VAF Virtual Assistant Jumpstart Course Instructor
Susan, I so appreciate your understanding. As you can tell by the response I sent via email this weekend I like to really think about my emails and can write "novels" easily! (which isn't that apparent with my comments here on VAF). Hope your weekend was great!

Michelle Mangen

Melody, glad you enjoyed the call too. And I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note that you listened to it.

Thrive

Ladies Thank you for this. Wow! I can so relate.

One of my things is always wanting to do for others at the expense of taking away from me. In turn that makes me unhappy inside and I can't be my best self. No is a sentence.

I too, have the issue at work, where people don't realize when I am on the phone in the office I am doing "business". I get interrupted constantly and it's very frustrating. That is why I have decided that I want to work for myself. I am very good with people, just love working on my own.

I learn more and more everyday from you all. Glad this forum is here.

Empowering to me will be when I can leave my present job. I would like to dedicate all my time, energy and skills on being a full time VA.

I totally can relate to all that you have said. I don't feel alone. By listening, I can work on what I need to be effective. Thanks again Ladies for this.

I was able to listen to the whole stream while doing housework. I love that.

I wan to take the course, but I can't make a 4 o'clock start time. aaaahhh.

Michelle Mangen

Thrive,

Happy to hear you found some useful nuggets in the call. :)

I will be recording the webinars if you want to "join in late" on the actual day and then watch the first part at a later time?

Thrive

Michelle, I didn't realize I was reading the jumpstart session beginning at 4pm was PST. I am on EST that is the 7 pm not 4. I think I just might be able to do it.. woo hoo... I will see what I can do. Thanks. I am glad I looked at it again.

Michelle Mangen

Whooooo hoooooo I'm so glad you asked!!! I wonder if we have any others who have misread the time?

nicmaggie05

Thank you for uploading this! I try to plan on "attending" the call but when client meetings run long or something unexpected comes up, it's nice to know we can still catch the call later.

BarbaraTaylor

Great call. As a new VA, I love learning from those who have "been there" already. I grabbed a lot of great information. Thank you for posting.

Kara_VA

This podcast/recording was fantastic. I could relate to being in India (before the internet really took off but I could see cafe's being the norm) and the idea that one could travel (eventually) as a VA sounds spectacular! And that with connecting with social media and such (and this was posted whaa 2008?!?). So much info but it's real life stories for "solo-entrepreneurship" that inspires me the most, I was wondering about those VA temp places and am so glad this forum encourages self sufficiency. Great talk!

Michelle Mangen

Kara and Barbara,

Thanks so much for listening and taking the time to comment here. I know how pressed for time we can get so I really do always appreciate the time people spend that they really don't have to.

Sending you both hugs!

JHodgsonVA

I finally had the chance to listen and I am so glad I did! What great information!

Since being a part of the forum, I feel like I have all these great mentors here. I'm so grateful to everyone for sharing their knowledge and being so supportive. Thank you all for being so awesome! :)

OfficeAtTiffanys

This call is really full of great advice and tips, and things to think about when entering the VA industry. While listening to the call I found myself feeling very motivated and enthusiastic about my new venture!! Thank you for sharing! ☺

Michelle Mangen

@OfficeAtTiffanys (love the name BTW). Thanks so much for the sweet words. Hopefully you found a few nuggets which will help you as you're starting out?

twenty47

Michelle and Tess,

Thank you for this call. Don't know why I had not listened to your call. I always say, Tess, I just love the way you guys are so real. I like the way you put things across guys.Thank you. I just got the Become a VA book and that was a great investment I made because the information I am coming across would have taken me ages to find via Google. I am now a VA full time. I will not lie, it must be the scariest decision I have ever made. Nevertheless, I am so determined and things are coming together one day at a time.

Michelle Mangen

Twenty47,

Good morning and thank you for the kind words. Tess' book is a fantastic resource! I've told her I wish it was available when I started out - things would have been different for me (at minimum my "five things I wish I had known" would be different)

Persistence and determination will keep you going towards your goal!