Recorded call: Top 5 Things I Wish I'd Known with Michelle Mangen

VAF Admin

Forum Administration
Staff member
VAs, if you missed our brainstorming call with Michelle Mangen on the Top Five Things I Wish I'd Known When Starting Up My Business it's available now for live streaming here at VAF - click the play button below to listen in!

[podcast]http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/audio/michellefeb13.mp3[/podcast]

Please note that we accidentally started recording about ten minutes into the call - so it does begin a bit abruptly... sorry about that!

Feel free to post questions and comments to this thread!

Jersey

Re: Did you miss the brainstorming call with Michelle Mangen? Recording available for a limited time

Thank you for this! My meeting ran long and I was so made I missed this!

VAF Admin

Forum Administration
Staff member
This thread has been updated and moved to include the recorded audio of our call with Michelle - thanks again Michelle!

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
I think that Tess and Michelle would make a great pair for their own radio show...REALLY! RadioVAF! ;)

I REALLY enjoyed this session very much!

Janine

Michelle Mangen

VAF Virtual Assistant Jumpstart Course Instructor
Janine,

You are so sweet! Maybe you're on to something. I do know I love learning from Tess!

anna-kourteli

I just listened to it, amazing advice. Thanks for uploading it, with the time difference I am a bit unable to follow your dicussions and having it here to listen at my own pace is incredible.

Michelle Mangen

Anna, so glad you enjoyed it. Did you see all of the other great April calls with Lee & Tess? I'll be doing some more with Tess in May too.

alcbiz

Thanks so much for uploading this. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, I was unable to attend. Amazing how many questions were answered, and others presented them selves. I hope to attend a future call.

A woman whose name is either Eileen or Ellen called and asked about the necessary skills to be a VA. One of her statements brought back some memories: "just a file clerk." IMHO, there is not such thing as just a... Everyone deserves dignity and respect even the so-called lowest position on the totem pole. If a employer doesn't ensure employees know they are an integral part of the company, the company isn't doing their job properly.

Her primary concern, however, was skill level and how to get those skills. Other than taking a few high school courses in typing, shorthand, bookkeeping (before the invention of the computer see how that dates me? LOL), I am self-taught in every software application I know. Getting from point A to point Z in the different apps, but they all give the same results. As with people, some are better than others.

I recently discovered http://alison.com/ This may be helpful to her and others who are interested in inexpensive ways to add to or improve their skills.

Susankelly

Wow I can't wait to hear it. It's on my list for first thing Saturday morning with my tea. I need all the help I can get. I've signed up for the Jumpstart in June with Michelle! I can't wait for that to start.

a-v-a

Thank you for sharing this information. I agree Susan, i need all the help I can get as well. I will listen later tonight.

Michelle Mangen

AL - thanks for the Alison resource. I'm going to check it out and will certainly pass it along to Elaine. Another good resource I've heard of is Lynda.com, though I've never checked it out myself.

It's great to see your dedication to self-learning with software programs - I imagine it's helped increase your confidence in the services you offer to your clients and also allows you to serve them more effectively.

Michelle Mangen

Susan, ah now I have a face with the name/email address - I had not put two and two together until I read your comment above. Sorry I haven't responded to your last email yet - I will def get to it this weekend.

Susankelly

Hey Michelle,

No worries - lately I've been super busy, so I get the time crunch all too well. This week it seemed like it was Monday then I blinked and it was Friday already. Yikes.

Thanks to Tess and Michelle for sharing their thoughts and insights with us. I have listened to several VAF calls and have found them all to be interesting, fun and full of info that I needed to hear! I'm so glad that there are more events scheduled!