QuickBooks Certified User Program *FREE

Rebecka Melson

I saw this forum topic and thought I would make a recommendation for a class. It's the QuickBooks Certified User Program, it is currently a beta program and free for a limited time. I have used QB for over 10 years and would consider myself a Pro but I learned several tricks and shortcuts which I have now implemented into my bookkeeping.

I highly recommend taking this class before they start charging for it. Even if your not a bookkeeper, but you use QB to do your own bookkeeping. Everyone can use this program.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, Rebecka this looks amazing - and I'll definitely be signing up for this right *now*. :)

I'm just going to copy and paste a bit of info from their page about the process, for anyone else who is interested:

Registeras a QuickBooks Certified User Program Beta Participant

Prepare for the Certification Exam. Free, comprehensive on-line, self-paced training is available to beta participants. This training is specifically designed to cover the topics you need to know to successfully pass the Certification Exam.

Complete the on-line Certification Exam. When you’ve passed all three sections of the exam you’ll immediately receive your score! The time required to complete the training and assessments is approximately 10-12 hours (including demonstrations, simulations, quizzes, and exams) and may vary by participant. The Certification exam is delivered in three sections – each comprised of 25 to 38 questions. A passing score of 80% or higher must be attained on all three exam sections to become certified.

Following successful completion the three part Certification Exam, you will receive a professional QuickBooks Certified User Certificate to display your new credential.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I've got to buy a copy of the software before I can sign up...but am definitely on it as well.

Rebecka Melson

Hey Tess, If you haven't purchased QB Pro yet you can get it through my website for $169.95 plus free shipping, or you can get it via download. I am now a licensed QB affiliate so I can legally sell it and I get special affiliate rates.

I didn't mention it before, because I've been waiting to get approved. You can get the link on my website on the "Best FREE Software" page.

I'm so excited, I LOVE QuickBooks and am so happy that I can now sell my favorite product and at a discount to boot!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Rebecka, this looks great! I've realized I'll likely need the disc anyway as our connection here is a bit sad when it comes to major downloads...(I am SO looking forward to a proper connection!!) :)

ASecondOffice

:thumbsup:
Hi, Everyone,
If you're still interested in the QuickBooks Certified User Program, they have extended their "free" offer. It doesn't say when it is extended until, but I just signed up today.
I might as well get certified in something that I've been using for the past five years.
Thanks for the tip!
Michele Guarino
A Second Office

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know, thanks so much Michelle - I was wondering if it would still be available...

Thanks Michelle. I am at the site now. But I have a question, I have a free version of Quickbooks, may I still register and utilize that version to get certified? Or Rebecka, you would probably know the answer to that question.

The free copy I received through Vista Prints as a thank you for an order some time back. It only allows up to 10 clients or something to that effect.

Rebecka Melson

You do not actually need QuickBooks Pro on your computer to take the certification program. However, it is very useful to have in case you need to refer to it while taking the exam, especially if you have never used QB before. I'm assuming the free version you received is Quickbooks Simple Start. I have never used that version so I can't speak to how close it is to QB Pro.

Okay, thank you Rebecka. I guess it is best to have the software Quickbooks Pro in any event. Especially since we have the opportunity to not only train thoroughly with the program, but also have it available when we use it with our clients.

Thanks again for the response and information. ;)

JRuner

Thanks for posting this resource as I am new to quickbooks! There is so much great information here!

John Runer

I signed up for this recently and just haven't found the time to get started. Guess I need to set aside some time this week to get going. not new to Quickbooks but the certification would be nice.

Christina
Vital Office Solutions

Office Goddess

I've been using QuickBooks for nearly 8 years but I still learned some new tricks through the certification program. It was a really valuable use of my time :)

Virtual Horizons

Well I was on my weekly trip to Costco today and noticed they have the QB Pro 2007 on sale for $60 off of $189 (CAN). COuldn't pass that offer up so I am now the proud owner of the program and have signed up to take the beta course. Looking forward to stretching my brain some more :ihih:.

Tammy