Proof of Income Letter

yaniimarie

Hi all

So I'm unsure of how to approach this. I'm in the process of applying for a new apartment, but being self-employed, I can't really show a "pay stub" as proof of income. One application mentioned a CPA-notarized letter for proving my income. That's looking like my only option seeing as I can't provide my last two tax returns since I've only been self-employed full time for this year.

Has anyone run into this before? I'm just unsure of how to approach it all.

Any information that can be shared is greatly appreciated. If I'm not making sense, just let me know and I'll clarify as best I can. :D

Best
Aiyana

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I always use my PayPal paperwork to show income - 99.9% of my invoices get reconciled through there so it gives a great estimation for these kinds of things. I've never had to use it for a lease but for a loan and when I purchased my car...

Otherwise, can you pull your books for the last year and show them that?

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I should have included: If you do use PayPal and this is an option for you there are all kinds of tax-related documents and reports if you click 'History' then choose 'Tax Documents' and/or 'Reports' from the drop down.... Hope this helps!

yaniimarie

I should have included: If you do use PayPal and this is an option for you there are all kinds of tax-related documents and reports if you click 'History' then choose 'Tax Documents' and/or 'Reports' from the drop down.... Hope this helps!
You're fantastic! Thanks a bunch. I'll take a look at that then. ^_^