Picking an e-mail address

LaGreen19

I'm having a little trouble deciding what to use for my e-mail address and was wondering what most of you use? I'm torn between whether I should just do laura@domainname.com, or maybe admin@domainname.com? Admin sounds so generic, but I'm not sure how professional using my first name is either.....thoughts/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi Laura,

I have several different email accounts for various domains I own and I always set the contact form on the websites to either info@domainname.com or contactus@domainname.com. This avoids spammers getting hold of my personalised business email address which I then use to reply to any genuine enquiries. I put my personalised email address on business cards and use it to communicate with clients.

Hope this helps!

SuzannaK

I like to use the "info@" format for my sites. It is the shortest and easiest to remember. Some people also use "support@".

LaGreen19

Thanks so much for the feedback. Both of your suggestions sound much more professional than either of my ideas. Thanks again!

ag21west

You hit the nail on the head Kary. I think that using your name does convey that you are both approachable and that you are a one person operation.