Packaging My Services

Emmeelue84

For those that offer packaging rates - what time increments do you use and I'm assuming the lower hours work out to be more per hour than the higher hours correct? I was thinking the following:
5 hour
10 hour
20 hour

Should I offer a 40 hour, what about a 15 hour, or should I just say any other hours would be customizable if needed?

I currently offer by hour pricing but I want to try the package option and see what happens.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Packaging

Hi there! I usually try to create a package of hours based on what my clients need - but it is nice to have at least a few set tiers. And yes, generally, the more hours a client signs up for (over a certain number) then a discount applies...

Your question comes at a great time as I'm hosting a free webinar with my friend Lisa Wells who is truly THE pricing and packaging expert. It's next week - hope you can make it! I think Lisa will be able to answer all of your questions and then some. You can sign up here :)

lrwells

Thanks Tess! Yes, I'll definitely be going over package options (I've got lots of examples)! :)

Emmeelue84

I'm already signed up but there is another webinar I might already be attending that day so we'll see.

Christheva

I do 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 hour packages. You decide how you want to do it. I don't go over 30 because A.) I don't want to be that heavily dependent on one client as a source of income and B.) because I am not at a point where I want to take one someone else.

Everyone talks about "expanding their team" but I don't currently want that responsibility.

So its up to you and what your ideal client will want. You don't have to do anything. If you want to do 10, 20, 30, 40 you can. If you want to do by the hour, you can.

Some VAs work ad hoc, but that's just not my style.

ljadminsupport

Aloha Chris, your website is very inventive. Naming your 4-tier pricing packages is a great idea. I especially like your 3-hour starter's pricing package. In fact, your entire site setup is both fun & interesting. I wish you well. Linda

Christheva

Aloha Chris, your website is very inventive. Naming your 4-tier pricing packages is a great idea. I especially like your 3-hour starter's pricing package. In fact, your entire site setup is both fun & interesting. I wish you well. Linda
Hi Linda,

Thanks so much, lol. I worked pretty hard on those packages. I decided to add a starter package because I think no client should ever commit to working long-term with a VA until they try it out. Regardless of a VAs reputation or experience.

You shouldn't have to pay tons of money to realize someone doesn't suit your style. And my website took me FOREVER to build. That's why I have a disclaimer in my signature. Someone ripped it off and it took me months to build. Glad you like it.

Have a good day!

Tori3

Christheva, I LOVE your site! It's easy to navigate and understand. I'm trying to re-do my services and I have a question: If a potential client purchases the Bronze package, do you then discuss what services will go under that package? and is that based on what the client needs? Thank you for a great example.

Christheva

Christheva, I LOVE your site! It's easy to navigate and understand. I'm trying to re-do my services and I have a question: If a potential client purchases the Bronze package, do you then discuss what services will go under that package? and is that based on what the client needs? Thank you for a great example.

No. Its open ended. I know many people go with the packages thing, but I don't like how confining it is for people. Plus many VAs who do packages often complain that a client wants to change X, Y, Z and how its forcing them to spend more time doing it since they are working for a flat rate.

A client buys the number of hours they want. Lets say 10 and then for that month they can request 10 hours of work. Any work. It will be prorated and they are send a statement of credit at the end of the week. Like, you have used 2.5 hours this week, you have 7.5 left type of thing.

lrwells

Another option with packages is that you can create "support" packages which doesn't limit you to specific parameters such as "up to 4 blog posts." AND you can create the packages based not on time but your value.

For example - client purchased Gold Package A (based on 10 hours but they don't know that) and wants quick turnaround time and a monthly strategy call. They would pay higher than Gold Package B which is based on the same 10 hour package but they don't require the quick turnaround and no monthly call. Just one way to create value for your clients but at the same time you are earning more income per client.

Seven Crows

I watched Lisa's seminar, and it was nothing short of awesome! I am brand new to this VA world, so I will need to figure out how long things take before I can start getting packages set up the way Lisa had explained. All in time.. I love your idea, Chris, about the starter package. Thanks for all the excellent advice ladies!

Seven Crows

I watched Lisa's webinar last night, and it was nothing short of awesome! I am brand new to this VA world, so it will take me a bit to figure out how long services take before I can implement the packages in the way Lisa explained.
Chris, I love your concept on your starter package. Thanks for the excellent advice ladies!