Opinions on my name

HopefullyVA

Thinking of the name Busy Bee Virtual Solutions

1. Is it too long?
2. Does the 'busy bee' kind of seem juvenile or too playful to be taken seriously?

HopefullyVA

Oh Gosh... nevermind!

I just googled the name and I see dozens of businesses with basically the same name.

Back to the drawing board I go!

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hello Hopefully,

(I would suggest you complete your profile here on VAF and sign your posts with a name so we can get to know you here and address you properly.) It helps us all to get to know you and helps you to network with other VAs.

Did you do a domain name search to make sure it is available? Did you google the name in varying ways to see if their are other VAs with that name? Did you check with your state labor board to see if someone has registered that name already?

I ask because I think there are a few Busy Bee names out that or similar and once you take the name you don't want people to be confused when they search for you. Further you want the SEO to be geared toward your BB name so if someone else has that already it will be confusing in the searches.

I would google, 'how to name a virtual assistant business' and see what you come up with. Then return with a few choices and we will gladly help you with those options. This is a topic often asked here on VAF and there is a search feature in the upper right hand corner. Here is a great article by Seth Godin http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2003/06/naming_a_busine.html about naming a business.

The name should reflect not only who you are but the services you preform.

Thanks,

Janine

HopefullyVA

Thanks Janine!

Yeah I did a quick google search after starting this thread and saw that there were PLENTY of Busy Bee VA companies....

Thank you for the helpful tips. Im gonna do a little more research and then come back with more options.

Thanks!

Iris

HopefullyVA

So been brainstorming with my husband all day. We came up with a name and did a google search and didnt find any other VA with that name and the domain name is available :)

So the company name we are thinking of is Grey Matter Virtual Solutions (our son's name is Grey)

The tagline I like is 'Supporting You in Your Business'

Let me know what you think!

Hi Hopefully,

I like your new idea for a name. It's personal to you, and at the same time has a business meaning. Have you thought about tying your tagline into your name? I did some quick brainstorming (pun intended LOL):

The brains behind your business support.
We've got the brains, and we've got your back. (okay, a little hokey)
Because your business matters.
Smart solutions for your business.

Maybe these will spark an idea for you and you can tweak to fit your business. (This advice coming from someone whose tagline is so NOT original!)

Wendy

AuroraMuse

I LOVE it. Love the double meaning.
I agree with Wendy, I think the tagline could use some more obvious tie in to your business name.

I like the brains behind your business support (or maybe the extra brains behind your business). And smart solutions.
Some more that came to mind:
Your brainy business gal (or your right-hand-brainy-business-gal)
Helping you run your business the smart way (I hope that's not insulting)
Smart support for a/your brilliant business
Solutions that support your brilliance
Building your business up brilliantly
Moving your business forward with brilliance.

You might be able to come up with more based on the specific services and audience you will be focusing on.

Hope it helps! :)

I had considered naming my business that name but decided against it because there were too many people in my state with that name. I also wanted a name that was short for a website name & decided on OfficeProVA. I'm not finished creating my website but I purchased my domain name.

HopefullyVA

Hi Hopefully,

I like your new idea for a name. It's personal to you, and at the same time has a business meaning. Have you thought about tying your tagline into your name? I did some quick brainstorming (pun intended LOL):

The brains behind your business support.
We've got the brains, and we've got your back. (okay, a little hokey)
Because your business matters.
Smart solutions for your business.

Maybe these will spark an idea for you and you can tweak to fit your business. (This advice coming from someone whose tagline is so NOT original!)

Wendy
Thank you so much, Wendy!
I love your taglines and think I might steak one!

HopefullyVA

I too like Grey Matter VA. I do however wonder who that would be branded. Would the logo be a brain?
I was thinking about that :)

My sister is really creative and she offered to design a logo for me so Im gonna see what she comes up with.

Thank you for all the responses ladies. Looks like I found my business name !

jbbaluyot

Grey Matter Virtual Solutions sounds good. I like the brains behind your business support tagline.
All the best!