Opinion on Taglines & Logos

Jennifer Cruse

So, I brainstormed for months about the name and it's set - Infinite Time Solution, LLC! I am a paralegal, but I didn't want to limit myself to only assisting attorneys when I have the knowledge and background to do so much more.

I have several ideas for my tagline, but am needing some input or possibly some other suggestions, so here are mine -

Helping professionals manage time profitably (or operate profitably)
Helping professionals accomplish more with a time solution.
Getting more out of 24-7
Helping professionals find infinite time to increase their bottom line
Advanced Collaboration to Extend your Time Solutions
Maximize profits by discovering your infinite time solution.

Basically the whole time is money concept - but time is money is way to overused for my taste. I'm wanting something different and unique.

As for the logo, since I don't want to limit myself to only assisting attorneys I am trying to stay away from the normal legal objects. And I am in no way an artist, so if anyone knows a resource for this that would be great. My general thoughts are an hourglass since it is also a vertical infinity sign.

I would appreciate any feedback and honest opinions from the group!!

Tobias Funke

And I am in no way an artist, so if anyone knows a resource for this that would be great. My general thoughts are an hourglass since it is also a vertical infinity sign.

Hah! And I can't draw to save my life, but at times, Photoshop (and to a lesser extent, Illustrator) makes me look like van Gogh (and not because I only have one ear, since I have two - I swear).

However, if you're just looking for a quick fix, here's an option: http://www.logogarden.com/

Susankelly

A lot of people have used Fiver and have been very satisfied. I didn't use it for my own logo (well it's a bunch of blocks it's not much of a logo) but I've used a few artist/graphic designers for other projects I've had and the work I got was excellent.

When I first started out I spent so much time on my business name (I finally gave up and went with a good search engine choice), logo, and weeks on my tagline. I've changed the logo and tagline 3x in 1.5 years. I've seen other VA's sort of rebrand after the first year or two as well.

Things change.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to add that while you're playing around with your tagline, keep in mind that unless you actually plan to be available 24/7 *don't* include that anywhere. It's semantics and *I* know you're not literally going to work 24/7 but to even imply that you will is asking for trouble (trust me! ;) )

I understand the concept you're going for but not sure any of the taglines you listed really have the energy you're going to want to be using on your website and cards and other branded materials.

What is the name of your company?

Jennifer Cruse

Tess,

Thanks so much! I completely agree with everything you wrote. My company name is Infinite Time Solution, LLC and nothing has struck a cord with me at all. So I'm still searching.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jennifer, just checking back in to see if you'd made any progress on this?
If not, why not start out with something quick and painless (Your smart business solution) or similar... just so you can move on and get things rolling?

owendyo

Hi Jennifer!

This was an area that I struggled in as well and it took up lots of valuable time that I could have been off to the races in my business. Tess is correct. While we want everything in our businessees to be just perfect, (I know I did) contining to move forward is best. Some days I look back and wish I could redeem that time. But I only allow myself a minute to that because I must move forward.

rsmanuel

Once again, I have to agree with Tess!

I let all of this confusion over logos and taglines hinder my progress on creating my business last year; however, a year later, I have a completely new outlook and I am making progress more quickly.

I put my logo design in the hands of http://www.logonerds.com and was ecstatic over the options they provided. I put researching ideas for my tagline, mission statement, About us page, etc. on the back burner and concentrated on other areas of development. As I completed other areas, I was amazed to discover that all of these ideas just came to me as I progressed further.

Let us know how things are going!

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm brand new so I can't PM Jennifer (and I know this is an old thread), but I had an immediate response to "Getting more out of 24/7". Short, catchy, and related to her name.

FWIW, it didn't strike me as meaning that she would be working 24/7, but so many business owners already feel like they're doing that, you know?

Not trying to rock the boats of the pros who disagree; I just really liked it and I'm sure most people don't take taglines literally.

Madison

I just wanted to add that while you're playing around with your tagline, keep in mind that unless you actually plan to be available 24/7 *don't* include that anywhere. It's semantics and *I* know you're not literally going to work 24/7 but to even imply that you will is asking for trouble (trust me! ;) )
I definitely agree with Tess!