New to VA work..

Kaisha328

I just accepted my first job as a VA thru Upwork. I have only been working for a day and now my “boss” wants to put $$ in my personal bank account and then I pay the vendors with that. It seems weird to me that we can’t just pay directly thru his bank account. Anyone have experience with this? It raised a red flag for me but I am new to all this. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

jes.stealthagents

Hi Kaisha- I can't speak for other companies. We're always looking for new talented assistants and there's no complicated payment process with us!

I just accepted my first job as a VA thru Upwork. I have only been working for a day and now my “boss” wants to put $$ in my personal bank account and then I pay the vendors with that. It seems weird to me that we can’t just pay directly thru his bank account. Anyone have experience with this? It raised a red flag for me but I am new to all this. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Be careful though so you don't fall into the hands of scammers

LatoyaHill

This is a scam. My niece fell for this despite me warning her that a company shouldn't require you to deposit their business funds into your bank account to pay vendors. Please be careful.