New Logo

ParadiseLegal

Hello All, I "rebirthed" my business and am in the process of rebranding! Here's my old logo.

Here's the new and improved one!

What do you think?

AuroraMuse

Very nice, crisp, definitely feels like an update Shellye!
I do love the little lady with the briefcase too! I like that I noticed her face first and it seems happy/at ease. And she looks good as you avatar as well. It kind of looks like a "P" with her and the world, like when we were kids and would draw a line and then a circle in order to make a P. She's the line and the Earth is the circle. ...that might just be me though hehe.

GenuineSunshine

Congratulations on your new logo! This one is much more "2014" than the previous version. Since it's more crisp and easily adaptable, I think it will make a wonderful business card too!

Did you design it yourself?

Kira57

Love the new logo! The lady is the first thing you really notice and I love her style! Plus, it is symbolic and professional! She looks like she can handle a lot (world in her hands (shoulders)!

Shy_Stalling

The new logo is really well done. I have to repeat everyone else, but the lady with the world in her hand is really an eye-catcher. The first thing I noticed however was the giant 'P'. It took me a moment to realize it really was one because of the thick stem and 'D' shape of the loop.

Hope that made sense.

Shy

Mouthy

While it's very nicely designed and creative, I need to point out this is not a logo. A web banner/graphic, sure. But a logo is a simple mark with not a lot of detail, and what of any detail there is, is very little.

Even if you were to just use the woman holding the globe (like you have set for your avatar—which, don't get me wrong, I REALLY like), that's still a bit much. A logo is scalable, doesn't contain more than a couple of colors/color shades, and looks good/is readable/recognizable whether tiny or gigantic. I hope I'm not offending you, Shelleye, that's not my intent. I just want to offer my knowledge/critical expertise in the area.

I wonder (and I bet you get asked this all the time) why you aren't using "paradise" to a literal degree here? Ya know, palm trees and the like...(maybe that's really cheesy) please don't chase after me and hit me!

I agree with Mouthy - it's more of a banner or graphic than a logo. I do like it though. I didn't think about the Paradise thing but she's right there too. Unless that's your last name (or maybe even if it is) I'd almost expect a tropical theme. I'm currently having a logo made and have the same dilemma. I really want a more detailed cartoon on it thats a caricature of me but that's not really what a logo's all about. It should be more simple. Not sure how to resolve it other than maybe to create a more simple logo and one that's more detailed for a larger graphic on my website.

ParadiseLegal

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate all the feedback. With regard to whether this is a logo or banner, I consulted with my husband who is a commercial graphic designer with over 25 years experience. Trust me... It's a logo. A logo is a graphic representation or symbol of a company name, trademark, abbreviation, etc., often uniquely designed for ready recognition.

My husband took me on a "guided tour" to show me what logos look like because I always thought it was the mark as well. But, as he explained to me, a logo includes the font/typeface as well as the 'mark' or 'symbol'. Walmart's logo is not just the starburst, but the word - Walmart. Target is not just the target but the word - Target. Wendy's is not just the little girl but the word - Wendy's. Same with AT&T, Sprint, Avon, Mary Kay, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Nike, and soooooo many others. (See definition and examples here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo)

When I created this logo, I made sure to use a specific font for the "P" and placement of the text and then added the character. Until I'm well known, people need to recognize my company name and then as I continue to grow and brand the business, I will be recognized by the mark.

With regard to using something associated with the name Paradise, I originally thought about using something tropical but that would be confusing and make people think of a travel agency. I actually created this logo with palm trees but I had several advisors working with me through creating this particular logo and the lady won them over.

I thought long and hard about it and chose to use the lady to represent the virtual paralegal/secretarial aspect of my name. She's holding a briefcase and the world in her hand representing the professional services provided worldwide aka virtual. :)

ParadiseLegal

P.S. My husband said it's good to play the logo game to see how different logos can be. Here's a link to an online quiz and you can also download a game app on your android or iphone - http://www.logoquiz.net/ Notice that most logos that only use the mark have been around for ages!

The "P" I'm a bit confused about....but love the look of the whole thing. Very fresh. Bobbi Jo is right about the logo / web banner thing. Very eye catching though.

Rosanna

Wellingtonchase

I agree, I'm having a hard time creating my Brand myself. I think I will start with a house since my business is a Real Estate Virtual Assistant.

amylynn

I like it (logo or header). I feel like the P is a bit distracting with the wedge/piece removed from the top and the misbalance of the thick and thin sizing.

Wellingtonchase

Hi Amy, I like your website. I see you are an "Introvert" like me. I'm glad you said it because I always like to meet people with like minds as myself. Thank you.:applause:

amylynn

Thanks Miniece! I think we should stop being shamed as Introverts! Happy to connect with you too. If you like reading, this is a great book with that same different take on being an introvert — Quiet: The Power Of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking.