New business name

Write Associate

I was all set up with the perfect business name for me - Precisely Write Virtual Services - I had checked with my state registry and had my web domain squared away when I stumbled onto the U.S. Trademark directory web site and learned that the phrase "Precisely Write" is trademarked for the use of writing/editing services. Back to square one! At least I didn't shell out any cash to officially register my business name or host my web site yet. ;)

So after many frustrating hours of coming up with other great names, only to find that they were all trademarked or lacked domain name availability, I finally stumbled onto what I think might become my new name:

The Write Associate

Or maybe The Write Virtual Associate or just plain Write Associate. The tagline could be "Providing virtual services that are just write for your business," or something to that effect. I really wanted to find something that relayed my specialty in business-to-business writing and editing services, while also being somewhat clever and unique. I was up from 3:30 until about 5:00 this morning searching for names, and this one seems to convey the right message, plus the domain name is available and there are no trademarks that I could find.

What do you all think? Now that I think more about it, I'm leaning more towards The Write Virtual Associate - what message does that convey to you?

I like "The Write Virtual Associate". It has a nice ring to it.

I'm not loving the tagline though. Can't put my finger on it, just doesn't "jibe" with the name.

So sorry you had to go through the whole renaming process. It took me 2 months to decide on mine and luckily the domain was free.

just my 2cents

virtual writing

Tammi - The Write Virtual Associate says to me that you're a writer working virtually who wants to form associations (as opposed to temporary contracts) with clients: i.e., you're most interested in fairly in-depth, probably on-going relationships. Now, I don't know if this perfectly describes you, but I think it's a fabulous name and I'm thoroughly jealous I didn't think of it first!

Write Associate

Thanks, ladies!

Christina - the tagline is definitely still a work in progress. I've been racking my brain to find something a little more catchy, a phrase that will stick with potential clients and help them remember my business. It's been tough!

Mary - You're too kind! The message that the name speaks to you is exactly what I want to get across to potential clients!! I'm looking to form partnerships with businesses so we can work together to achieve their long-term business goals. So glad the name hits the nail right on the head! ;)

A

Alunasa

I've got to agree with everyone else. I love "The Write Virtual Associate" or even "The Write Associate". As far as the tag goes, why not keep it nice and simple for now. You can always change it out for something catchier later.

Instead of:
"Providing virtual services that are just write for your business"

How about:
Services that are just write for your business.
Services that are just write for you.
Or:
Don't send the wrong message with your correspondence, get the Write Virtual Associate.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Great suggestions here! :)
Sorry to hear you've not been able to use the name you initially chose - that's always disappointing to say the least. BUT, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason (and though that's kind of an annoying philosophy to some people ;) I definitely think that whatever you decide on in the end is going to be such a better fit for you in the long run)

I really like The Write Associate (or, with 'Virtual' in there as well) - it's a nice play on words and opens up the catchy marketing options (I'm envisioning pens with your company name and tagline, etc.) and Alunasa's tagline suggestions are fantastic!

Write Associate

Alunasa - I really like your tagline suggestions! I was thinking about something that said clients should hire the Write Associate for their business needs, and I like your wording. I just may end up using that. Thanks for the idea! ;)

Tess - you're right, everything does happen for a reason. While I was bummed about having to make the change, I am just grateful that it's happening now, before I've spent too much time or money on marketing materials and networking. I'd much rather get out there with the name that will be forever mine than to have to completely revamp my image somewhere down the road. Imagine all that wasted time and effort! Silver linings, right? ;)

A

Alunasa

Tammi - No problem. I'll be honored if you decide to use my little tag. I love thinking up things like this, it's lots of fun. Feel free to pick my brain anytime!

MaplewoodVA

Hi,

A few other ideas for a tagline:

"Write Services for Today's Businesses"
"Just Write Services for You"
"The Write Choice Virtually"

~Ruth

Write Associate

Hi,

A few other ideas for a tagline:

"Write Services for Today's Businesses"
"Just Write Services for You"
"The Write Choice Virtually"

~Ruth
Hi Ruth,

Great suggestions! I really like the first, "Write Services for today's businesses." I'm going to mull it over a bit and see if it clicks. Thanks for your input! :)