Networking Expo

Tamara

I'm going to be attending a small business expo next week. I'm just going for the networking option and I am a new VA who is still setting up shop, but also mostly up to taking on a couple of clients. Since this is my real local networking event, I would appreciate any advice I can get from those of you who are veterans in the business. I plan on taking lots of business cards, but I would appreciate any and all types of advice. Thank you so much!

PatriciaM

Hi Tamara,
I'm not a veteran VA but have been going to some local networking events for a couple of months. The cards are great of course, but also be sure to have your 'what my business does' spiel down. I would also be prepared to explain what a VA is. Good luck and have fun!

michelle411

Tamara, one of the things I am in the process of compiling is a business information packet which will include a tri-fold brochure that will include much of our contact information, a 5x7 postcard that lists our core competencies, and our business cards in an envelope with our logo and phone number on it.

ngaliger

Your 30 second commercial perfected. Call to action for sure and go with the goal of helping other not how they can help you.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tamara! I'm just checking in to see how your event went?
Were you able to make any new connections or contract any new clients as a result?

I'd love to hear more about your experience!

Tamara

Thanks for checking on me! It was an interesting experience. There were lots of exhibitors selling their wares, but I did connect with one person that is a website designer and lives close to me. We met for coffee a couple of days later and and hope to help each other out by exchanging recommendations. She has only been in business a year herself. I went in to basically ask owners what they needed help with and didn't expect to actually get a client. It was more for the experience and practice. I'm glad that I went. I think each time you do things that are a little out of your comfort zone it helps you take the next step and builds confidence.