Need Advice on Becoming a VA

BeccaG

Hello VAs,

These are great forums! I hope all of you are happy and healthy. I'm an American living in Bali, Indonesia. The online teaching job I have isn't providing much work. Apparently, I need to change my appearance (skin and hair) to appease students. This is something I won't do and my income is suffering. I'd like to move to Mexico to be closer to people who care about me. However, I'm at a loss as to getting started as a virtual assistant.

Please note, I have nine years of teaching experience. In addition to teaching online, I've taught in Spain and Vietnam. Before 2012, I worked as an administrative assistant for a company in Chicago. My duties included taking care of expenses, proofreading tax guides and order entry. I know MS Word and will have to refresh my knowledge of MS Excel (I used to make spreadsheets, but it was over nine years ago.). I was quite fast at inputting orders for tax and medical guides.

I also found my job as a copywriter with a realty company. It was my job to write descriptions for luxury villas once I received the photographs. They also asked me write about life in Bali and bought two of my blogs.

Now, I'm 40 and feel a little lost. I love teaching, but it would be nice to work in silence and not disturb my neighbors.

Can you suggest a place for me to start? Most remote jobs require you to work from the USA. I'm a U.S. citizen living abroad. Surely, it's not a requirement to physically live in the USA if it's data entry work? It can be done from anywhere! Plus, I have a U.S. bank account and my friend's address in Chicago.

I started completing lessons on Acadium.com, but feel it's too general. Ideally, I'd like to get back into data entry and learn how to become a proper copywriter. I've written content on my life living abroad, but for my amusement.

Thank you for your help,

Becca

SonjaA

Hi Becca

I hope that you're well? Sorry to hear about your situation.

I offer Virtual Assistant training. Let me know if you're interested.

Kind regards
Sonja