Mail handling

rhonmanning

Hello all,

Has anyone ever been asked to deal with an office's incoming mail? If so how did you manage this task. Any ideas on how this could work?

vainparadise

I have not done it before. You could possibly set up a box in their name at a UPS store and then retrieve it for them. You can open and fax anything that they would need immediately and then mail the rest to them. I guess it would depend on the particular clients needs and what is received.

VBP

I would recommend that they either set up a temporary forwarding address to a desired location. The last thing you want is your office becoming theirs! Another option is if they have a local PO Box, you can pick up the mail or they can arrange to have that sent to you. Lastly, like Dawn said a UPS store if a great option also. I use one for my business.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been asked to handle mail for clients and am not really sure how I'd approach the issue - I agree with Doreen's suggestion of setting up a PO Box or Dawn's idea of a UPS box...as long as it was an independent address (not my own). I wouldn't want to have to go pick it up either though so there would have to be a courier or forward?

White Rose

I certainly would set up a PO Box if I end up with a client requesting that kind of service.

I could use UPS Store which is also a great idea, but in my area, the Post Office is much closer - especially considering the gas price these days. If I am expected to pick them up from the Post Office, I would consider including the gas price into the client's service fee.