Question Looking for some opinions on names

AuroraMuse

Hi there,

Currently my VA website is A Muse Assisting.com (my legal business name is Aurora Muse) but now I am thinking A Business Muse might be a better fit for what I am envisioning.

I would like to hear how people feel about the two names off the bat.
A Muse Assisting or A Business Muse ...which do you like better?

And just to explain my own thoughts, here are my pros/cons/concerns regarding the names:

A Muse Assisting
Pro:
-Makes it more obvious what I do
-Already started setting up SM (and biz cards)

Con:
-Kind of restricts what I do (I would like to offer other services like brainstorming sessions, creation of client appreciation gifts/campaigns)
-There are some issues people bring up with the term V.A. and while I understand both sides, its starting to sound less fitting for me

A Business Muse
Pro
-Let's me be flexible and grow my services outside of direct assisting without having to change my name
Con
-Doesn't clearly portray what I do/don't do (is she an assistant or a business coach or a webdesigner)

Thanks in advanced!

AuroraMuse

Thanks!
Are you referring to the spacing? A Muse vs AMuse? What were your thoughts around that change?

Technically it came from A. Muse since my pen name/business name is Aurora Muse but as to not confuse people when it comes to the URL I remove the period.

Christheva

I like the first one as well, though I think Muse Assisting sounds better. Its not a play on words but I think that A.Muse Assisting would only make sense to someone if they already knew your first name. As a domain it would say amuseassiting.com and I think I'd wonder a bit what that meant as a potential client.

I'd also say nix the second option. It does imply you are a business coach of some sort which is the incorrect impression since you are a virtual assistant.

AuroraMuse

Thanks christheva

I do realize that the A would only make sense when someone learns my name and have struggled with that thought. Though I feel like they may also see it as A Muse as in one muse until they learn my name and see the word play with my name.

Part of the reason why I am thinking of veering away from the first option is because I am trying to give my business room to grow and in that growth I am not sure if I'd be considered a virtual assistant (but still plan provide business support of some sort).
But then the question remains if A Business Muse is too vague/makes people think solely of business coaching?
Part of the services I want to offer are more along the line of a 'thought partner'/a collaborative mind but I'd still have some VA services.

Christheva

Thanks christheva

I do realize that the A would only make sense when someone learns my name and have struggled with that thought. Though I feel like they may also see it as A Muse as in one muse until they learn my name and see the word play with my name.

Part of the reason why I am thinking of veering away from the first option is because I am trying to give my business room to grow and in that growth I am not sure if I'd be considered a virtual assistant (but still plan provide business support of some sort).
But then the question remains if A Business Muse is too vague/makes people think solely of business coaching?
Part of the services I want to offer are more along the line of a 'thought partner'/a collaborative mind but I'd still have some VA services.
Maybe you would have go back to the drawing board all together. I know I sat on my business name for a WHILE. If you want to move away from just a "virtual assistant" and grow into something else, you'd need a term that alluded to such. I'm not into branding, despite branding my own business, but I'd say it is definitely possible to do.

If I were you, I'd take to the internet. There are plenty of naming generators . I'd also go with the thesaurus and type in words like collaboration and just branch out from there. I'm sure you will eventually run into a term that is perfect.

AuroraMuse

I have actually sat on this myself, for quite a long time as well (including going through the naming generators and thesaurus and all that fun stuff) and now I am trying to get more outside input to understand how each of these specific terms are perceived.
Part of the reasons why I chose these is that they fit in well with the names of my other business lines, which all stem from my pen name Aurora Muse. This, and the possible changes I am starting to envision, can make it tricky when collecting feedback.
I do appreciate the feedback none-the-less, it helps to see how everyone perceives the possibilities. Thanks!