Logo....

winslowgirl

Ok, so Tess being the genius she is..got me thinking.. as I love her new logo... Now I have a logo I use on letters, business cards, etc.. but it isn't on my website..

So... anyone have any ideas how to create a nock out logo????

Its all this redoing on my website. thinking of all the things I can do to revamp it.. Make is sassy.. Unique.. Amazing!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Jackie, can you describe your other logo for us?
Also, what kind of business persona do you want to project (I guess you already answered that with 'sassy, unique, amazing' great action points to design a logo around!) and what kind of image (literally, I mean picture) does 'Winslow Girl VA' translate to for you?
Let us know and we'll brainstorm ideas with you!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Jackie, maybe you can upload the old logo so we can have a look? I'm so curious why you aren't using it on your site? Anyway, let's get you hooked up with something new - give us some ideas! :)

winslowgirl

I am going to make it my logo here.. and let you see it.. very blah..

Ok.. here is what I am thinking.. for a logo I mean... Sassy... Todays' Businesswoman.. without all the old clichets..you know what I mean. Winslow Girl Stands for everything we thing of when we say the word VA.. Dedicated. Independant. Invigorating. Full of pazza...

I know.. a lot ask for in a logo...I just want it to grab the reader.. wow.. this is the kind of business I can connect with...

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Jackie, I think your logo font is so darling - what did you use to create this?

winslowgirl

Darling.. Yuck... Not at all what I was going for.. I used Vistaprint to come up with this.. it was quick and easy.. But that is exactly why I'm not so sure about it.. I want to be sassy, eye catching...oh well:)

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I just mean the font is nice - it's unusual for a business site, which is the whole point of 'eye catching' right? Have you tried any of the free logo softwares?

J

justd

Tess I did not know there was any free logo software. Do you mind sharing? Is it in another post?

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Oops! Sorry, should've included the link - there is a list of some of them here, I've never used any of them so can't vouch for them personally, but they may be worth a shot :)

There's also a very inexpensive program that I have tried called the Logo Creator - I think it costs $30 and is something I recommend to anyone who's totally new to design - it's a fun little program, super easy to use.

Also, someone did mention another program somewhere on here ages ago, I'll see if I can find what it was and will repost. :)

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Jackie, what about downloading one of the free logo creation programs and playing around with them for a while - it might help you generate some creative ideas. I think the font is great - and you could easily work it into your website - just create your section headings as images using the same font and put them in the page instead of the actual text (does that make sense?) - that would definitely add some new energy to your site :)
And maybe try putting this logo in there just to see how it looks? I think it's a great start, maybe you just need to see it on the page :)

winslowgirl

Don't you love how we are good at some things, and not so much at others.. well, the logo didn't work. couldn't get it to inlarge.. then as I was going about making all my updates to my site.. can't get one page to upload.. urrggg.. well.. for tonight, am going to leave it. Was hoping to get it done, so I wouldn't have to worry about such nonsynsical things during the workweek... oh well..:)