Logo vs Photo?

JRuner

I would like opinions. The logos I have thought of involve a time element that I am not sure how to convey in a professional way. My business name is Assistance Now, so I think maybe seeing the assistant is better than a logo.

Thanks!

kathiemt

You could always have a logo created that are letters from your business name, say the A & N in large letters and the rest in smaller? I've seen that done quite effectively for many. A logo can stay constant - your photo will need to be updated as you change and grow older. Just a thought. I've been using the same logo now for almost 14 years but if I were to use my photo it would have been updated many times.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
John, I think Kathie has given you some great input here, but I would encourage you to use your photo elsewhere on your site - on the bio or 'about us' page. Even on the front page with some info about yourself, if you're comfortable doing that.

Providing a personable image to your potential clients is a great way to help them make the 'human' connection in a virtual working relationship ;) (I think I just wrote something about this in another thread to you, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself!)

Brianna Young

Hi John, a logo is definitely the way to go. A photo represents you...a logo represents your business, and needs to be memorable and recognizable - that's something that is difficult for professional photos to do...

If you need help with this, I offer a logo package special for VA's...PM me for details!

Good luck!

Lia-VSS

I am going to take a photo of myself and upload it to the site this afternoon :) I just love the idea that it makes you seem more approchable. BTW, will a B&W photo suffice??

Lia-VSS

thanks for the tips :) I feel better posting in black & white (I wear red lipstick 100% of the time and I don't want to be seen as some kind of party animal!!). I will see what I can produce then :)

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I think black and white can be even better than color sometimes, and will look great on your site ;)