In what way does your client send all your tasks?

vrsi-office

I found a new Project Management software called Todoyu. They have a free Open Source software for install on your website, and SaaS paid versions.

I have installed the Open Source Community version on my website. I have played around with it a little and it looks pretty good. Better than some I have seen. (Still love myIntervals the best.)

Best Wishes,

Julie

CandiceD

Todoyu looks great.... I checked out the tour and it really seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you for sharing!

TimelyPA

Hi we work with a lot of tech startups and se get to know a lot of the best technology before it is popular. We use wunderlist.com and it is free to use. All you do is get your client to set up an account, create new jobs and just assign them to you. Every time you complete a job, you tick it off and your client gets a message to say it is completed

vrsi-office

Todoyu looks great.... I checked out the tour and it really seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you for sharing!
Candice,

I have installed it on my website. I have not put in any info yet (blank database). If you want to have a look at the installed version on my site, send me a PM and I will set you up with a log in so you can take a look at the program.

Julie

JoanM

Renee,

I don't have to convince clients to use project management software. When I sign a client, I explain what the process is if they want to work with me.

It's important as a business owner to implement policy and procedures for clients who want to work with you.

If they prefer to use email and you don't find that a project management program is necessary, then you can certainly oblige the client. But there are times where emails can be missed and using PM software helps to eliminate that. I have a client now who refuses to create new emails every time she sends me something. She just keeps attaching documents to old emails that have totally different subject titles and it drives me crazy. Once I missed an email and just to make it easier for her, I implemented PM software and the problem was solved.

So often the client realizes they need help with organization so convincing them is not an issue.

Janine
Janine, what project management system do you use?

THANKS,
Joan

Modern Day Admin

This is a bit of an older post but I came across it and thought I would share. I use Podio as my project management. You can share workspaces with your clients, upload files, assign tasks and deadlines back and forth and they have a ton of apps that you can customize. I think you have to pay after so many workspaces are shared but I'm up to quite a lot and haven't had to upgrade. I love it and for the price.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, I'd be glad to help.

I used to get assigned tasks daily through email BUT besides the inquiry emails my client needs me to track and follow up on updates she gets from staff or calendar her meetings, schedule appointments and a whole bunch of other things so getting cc'ed the whole day only to get informed that this and that happened was just overwhelming as my inbox was flooding with over 20 emails just from her and I had to jump around to check what is what.

Just recently we have employed Wunderlist for Business to list the designated tasks and kept email only for copy carbon purposes. I'm very satisfied with the app as it is very user-friendly and has a lot of features - let alone that it minimized the time spent back and forth for updates as my client is notified on the loop for anything I complete. It's pretty inexpensive too. Recommended!

momentum

Renee,

I don't have to convince clients to use project management software. When I sign a client, I explain what the process is if they want to work with me.

It's important as a business owner to implement policy and procedures for clients who want to work with you.

If they prefer to use email and you don't find that a project management program is necessary, then you can certainly oblige the client. But there are times where emails can be missed and using PM software helps to eliminate that. I have a client now who refuses to create new emails every time she sends me something. She just keeps attaching documents to old emails that have totally different subject titles and it drives me crazy. Once I missed an email and just to make it easier for her, I implemented PM software and the problem was solved.

So often the client realizes they need help with organization so convincing them is not an issue.

Janine
Totally AGREE.. I am currently using TeamWork and it's so easy for clients to use. It also notifies via email of course.