Ideas on blogs to follow(?)

yaniimarie

Hey all.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this, so please move it if necessary. :)

I'm getting more active with my social sites to sort of gain popularity before I launch my blog (eventually). But I'm wary of continuously sharing from the same sources. I do utilize Feedly but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on their favorite blogs or podcasts that they follow.

Thanks in advance!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Aiyana! What are you trying to offer your market? I'd look specifically for information that will benefit those you are hoping to reach as potential clients - what would THEY be interested in reading?

yaniimarie

Hey Tess :)

Makes sense. My target market is business consultants, coaches, who also ideally run blogs. So I try to go for posts about SEO, marketing, productivity, and things along those lines. Occasionally I'll throw out something random and fun that I see on Facebook or something. Right now I follow Reese Ben-Yaacov, TheSelfEmployed.com, and a few others. And then whatever is interesting that pops up on Feedly.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I pay attention to SEO Moz, Matt Cutts' blog over at Google, the big social media blogs (Social Media Examiner, etc.), Michelle Mangen's blog (Your Virtual Assistant - she's actually the VA who teaches our Jumpstart Course here at VAF too! :)), Ars Technica (not necessarily a blog...), Vox...

I hope that helps a bit!