How to Work Networking Events Without Being Pushy

VAF Newsbot

Working the room sounds like a very “cold” term to use when considering that the goal of your time spent networking should be all about building relationships. But it’s really practical, especially when you learn how to do this effectively. It helps you make the best use of your time. As a seasoned networker who [...] ...Read the rest of this post at the Start a Virtual Assistant Business Blog.

(Would you like to see your articles published to the Start a Virtual Assistant Business Blog? Click here to submit articles.)

mskelly1975

Taya,

I am attending a Women's Entrepreneur Conference this weekend, I can't wait to meet/network with other female entrepreneurs. I also have a business card swap/meet & greet event on the 21st of this month. I am excited about that as well. This thread was right on time for me as it speaks to me about my goals!

sueshier

When I attend networking events I try to find out who will be there and then choose 3 or 4 people I'd like to connect with. I check out their website and linked in page so I have a sense of them and can ask good questions. Networking is so powerful, especially if you are in start up and don't have a lot of funding for advertising.

laurathomas

It is the best use of your time working the room sounds like a very “cold” term to use when considering that the goal of your time spent networking should be all about building relationships. But it’s really practical, especially when you learn how to do this effectively.