Question How TO and how MUCH to charge for phone calls and emails?

Fortitude&Grace

Hello everyone!:seeya:

I'm new in the VA business, and I know to charge for phone calls or emails I spend communicating with a client but I'm having a hard time deciding how MUCH to charge and how. For example, a flat amount for 15 mins and charge more if they need another 15 mins (so 30 mins phone call) or with emails, do I charge a flat rate per email? :confusion::confusion:
I really have no clue so any suggestions would be really appreciated! Thank you!:happydance:

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hi Vanessa,

I charge my regular rate for emails and phone calls.

If they are a packaged client, I have incorporated calls and emails into their rate. If they are hourly, I charge my regular rate.

It is my time I charge for no matter what the task may be. My time and my expertise is what clients pay for no matter the service.

Best,

Janine

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hi Vanessa,

I'm not sure if I was clear. I charge for whatever time I used. I charge for the exact time. I don't round up or round down. I use myhours.com for hourly clients and it keeps track of time used.

Best,

Janine

I'll jump in here too. Like Janine, I use MyHours.com to keep track of hours.

When it comes to charging for client calls and emails: With MyHours.com, all you have to do is start tracking as soon as you jump on a call with a client or start writing an email. Then when done, stop tracking. Myhours.com will calculate how much time you spent. It's very handy!