Hello from Greece

Hello everyone,

Glad to have joined the forum! My name's Anna, I'm from Greece and been freelancing part-time as a VA for the last 5 years. I've started with ad hoc projects on Fiverr and have recently sealed my very first retainer package VA contract on upwork where I freelance currently.

My goal is to accumulate experience and the right set of skills in order to launch my own business (not anytime soon but it's a plan for the next couple of years). At this point I wish to focus on keeping my client satisfied and at the same time, to get familiar with operations carried out at the corporation in order to better assist them.

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Anna.

It is great to have you here. I can't wait to get to know you better.

It sounds like you are off to a great start. I am so excited to see where your VA business will take you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with.

Awh, that is so kind of you, thank you Tricia! I too can't wait to get to know you all better.
Indeed, I'm getting actively into the VA stadium again after an eight-month "break" (lost my dear hubby to car crash last May), so yeah, let's see what's in store now :) Baby steps this time but it really helps me get my mind occupied during those...uncomfortable hours.
Be sure I'll bug you often with questions, I'm very excited to be part of the VAF and can't wait to learn strategies and techniques to impement in my business.
All the best,
Anna

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
Anna,

I am so so sorry for the loss of your husband.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yes anytime just reach out and let me know how I can help.

This is a great community and I think you will love it here.

That is kind :) thanks again!

I have already announced the VAF as my exclusive procrastination online spot. No remorses! I love it!!

Nathaniel Flick

Hello everyone,

Glad to have joined the forum! My name's Anna, I'm from Greece and been freelancing part-time as a VA for the last 5 years. I've started with ad hoc projects on Fiverr and have recently sealed my very first retainer package VA contract on upwork where I freelance currently.

My goal is to accumulate experience and the right set of skills in order to launch my own business (not anytime soon but it's a plan for the next couple of years). At this point I wish to focus on keeping my client satisfied and at the same time, to get familiar with operations carried out at the corporation in order to better assist them.
Hi Anna, thanks for your comments on my other post, I'm new too, only been here for a week or so. I reckon it's pretty difficult to gague the environment of a place, but I think the best way (and one of the top two things VA's need to do well) is part of communication. A client will love if you ask more about the business, "ok what else can I do for you?" and over time the answers to that question more and more will tell you how the company works and what they need. If you can meet others at the company that's good, and sometimes clients will direct you to their employees to get tasks done, ask them to give you more information too.

Hi Nathaniel, you're absolutely right! You see, last night I had a skype meeting with the husband of my current client who just wanted to see if I could offer some minimum assistance with calendaring for his needs, in addition, to keep working for his wife. Since I wanted to go the extra mile for them, I indeed asked him what else could I help him with (not strictly with an intention to raise my income but it came out unbiased, I do care to keep them long-term). He thought this was considerate of mine and result is I now work as a VA to both! Really excited!

So, I absolutely agree that communication and sincere interest to help your clients out can lead to new opportunities and extra work. Which I believe if the VA handles wisely, can lead to setting yourself as a valuable part of your clients' endeavors.

Nathaniel Flick

Hi Nathaniel, you're absolutely right! You see, last night I had a skype meeting with the husband of my current client who just wanted to see if I could offer some minimum assistance with calendaring for his needs, in addition, to keep working for his wife. Since I wanted to go the extra mile for them, I indeed asked him what else could I help him with (not strictly with an intention to raise my income but it came out unbiased, I do care to keep them long-term). He thought this was considerate of mine and result is I now work as a VA to both! Really excited!

So, I absolutely agree that communication and sincere interest to help your clients out can lead to new opportunities and extra work. Which I believe if the VA handles wisely, can lead to setting yourself as a valuable part of your clients' endeavors.
Awesome sounds like you are already well on your way! :) Well done.