Freelance Hourly Rate Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I love freelance switch!! Such a great blog. Thanks Lily - I just did my calculations based on what we'll be paying for everything in the States and thought for sure it would depress me, but actually I was pleasantly surprised :)

T

Txfarmgirl

Wow, the calculator was really cool, and a little of an eye opener too. Apparently I need to either cut down on expenses or take less vacation days! Thank you for the link!

Shannon

lsmapp

Thanks for sharing such an interesting link - definitely an eye-opener and reminder of all the "other" costs to running our lives!

tildavirtual

It always surprises me to find out that people don't know what their break even point is. How do you know you're making a profit or if you can afford that new bit of technology.

When I decided to hire an inhouse assistant, I did my sums to show my husband I could afford her. We are planning for her to go virtual at the end of the year but in doing the calculations I figured out KPI's for my team and financial goals for the business.

To step things up from just being a job for yourself to a viable business, work out your breakeven point and the correct rate for you.

(Kylie gingerly climbs down off the soap box....)

Status
Not open for further replies.