Definition of "Office Goddess?"

Office Goddess

I am thinking about sending a mailing that would start with:

Definition: Office Goddess (ŏf'ĭs) (gŏd'ĭs)
(An Office Goddess is) xxxxxxxxxxxx

But - I need help with the definition! :yikes:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lily,
Great idea :)

It's too late here for me to be coherent or much help at the moment :) so I'm going to give this some thought and get back to you first thing in the a.m.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Lily, this is where I've started:
If you take part of the actual definition of Goddess:
"A female being of supernatural powers or attributes..."
and then apply that to the 'Office' part of the term, so something like...(I would actually take the 'female' part out...just to make sure you're PC...people can be so sensitive to these kinds of things...)

Virtual Office Goddess: A being of supernatural administrative powers and attributes of business acumen with a particular talent for small enterprise support through virtual assistance.

:)

Office Goddess

So, now I'm toying with text for the post card. So far I have either:

WE WANT TO HELP YOUR SMALL BUSINESS GROW!
Are you spending so much time handling day-to-day bookkeeping and administrative tasks you find yourself scrambling for time to finish important client deadlines? When was the last time you had a little time off for yourself? The Virtual Office Goddess frees you of the administrative time that every business requires by providing you with basic bookkeeping and office support services. Our available services are listed on our website at www.virtualofficegoddess.com. We can help!

OR

WE WANT TO HELP YOUR SMALL BUSINESS GROW!
Are you spending your time handling day-to-day administrative tasks instead of generating billable work for your clients? We provide bookkeeping and office support services to small and sole-proprietor businesses. Maybe you just need an “extra hand” for an unexpected project. No job is small when you don’t have the time or resources to do it properly! See our available services at www.virtualofficegoddess.com. We can help!

Thoughts? (I HATE MARKETING!!!)

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lily, for someone who hates marketing I'd say you have a good sense of the how-to :)

I agree with Agnes, the second one is fabulous.
One little suggestion: where you wrote "to small and sole-proprietor businesses"
I might say "to small businesses and sole-proprietorships" or 'entrepreneurs' ?

It's superb, good job!

Just curious, what product/service will you use to print and post?

Office Goddess

I set up the postcards in MS Word (landscape, 4-cell table) and then take them to Kinko's to print and cut. MS Word mail merge for labels, print them on clear labels and drop them off at the post office!

I did my business cards in MS Word as well and took them to OfficeMax where they put them 10-up, copied them, and printed them for me.

I found this absolutely PERFECT 80# gray marble paper that I use for mailings and business cards and the matching 24# paper for stationary and envelopes. - After all, shouldn't a Goddess be on a marble background? :ihih:

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! :) I like the do-it-yourself approach - and yes, marble paper is perfect for the Goddess; what a great way to carry the theme through.