Question Contracts for Packaged Services

RenaAnderson

I am just starting out in my VA business and I listened to the webinar on packaging services. Great information!! And now I have decided to only do packaged services, rather than hourly, etc. Now, I have been struggling with the verbiage in my contracts, and trying to make that work in the sample contracts that were included in Tess' bundle. Can anyone help with that or give me any pointers? Thanks in advance for any input!

RenaAnderson

Hello Janine! I was struggling with which contract to best use for the packaged services and the best wording for taking out the hours verbiage and putting in the packaged services offered without putting in the hours worked. I don't want to have to continually justify or track my hours worked. But I think after pouring through the different kinds of contracts I am going to see if I can take the best and most protective parts from several of them and piece them together to make one standard contract that just puts in the work I will be providing, depending on the package the PC wants.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Rena, this sounds like a good start - then you can customize it according to what you're doing for each client (if necessary) - or relative to whichever package they have chosen.

There is a per-project contract in the Contracts Pack that might be useful in this case.

And one quick note - when clients are contracting you on a package basis they're not necessarily going to expect you to track or justify your hours. A lot of that part of the relationship is based on how you establish things in the first place and help craft their expectations for what will happen going forward.

Good luck! :)

RenaAnderson

Thanks for that input Tess! I get so much good information and feedback that I just don't know what I would do without this forum.

deedallas

Tess and Janine come to the rescue again......Great Information. Just keep in mind that every Client is different and as long as they know that you are willing to Customize a Package to fit their needs that makes it more appealing to them. Remember we are here to make their Business run Smoother

Much Success