Business Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the fantastic help. I'm going to have to wait until I get home because I don't have my CC with me. I'm pretty disappointed that I can't do it right now or else I would.

Nope, I haven't set it up. But that is what I'm going to use when I do set it up. I was going to get some of that stuff taken care of tonight - setting up paypal, looking up banks for my business bank account, add some things to my business plan, set up my website, etc.

Thank you guys for everything! You have made my day!

Wow Shay! I didn't realize you had started a topic regarding finding a business name. What fine suggestions you are receiving here. I had already posted in your other thread about where to begin, so I won't repeat myself here.

Besides, the suggestions here are much more top notched than my comment in the precious post. In fact, I plan to take note of them.

I agree there are plenty of Virtual somethings out there. However I had this name for a long time and decided to stick with it. Erin has some wonderful ideas as she is a VA Coach by trade. I love reading her emails and e-courses offered. Check out her site whenever you get a chance.

Getting back on topic, you have great suggestions here. I am going to read the other 4 pages you have here. I am sure you will find something that fits, if you haven't already. ;)

Girl Friday

I haven't read the whole thread so this may have been covered already, but purchasing a domain name doesn't automatically mean you can trade under that name also. I couldn't register Virtual Girl Friday because it was too similar to other business names in Australia. So I registered girlfridaythatsvirtual but Trading as Virtual Girl Friday. I registered www.vgf.com.au because I thought it would be easier to remember.

I'm not sure how it works in America but in Australia you have to have a Business or Company Number to trade legally.

I transferred the original business into a Company that my dad owned but never used, he transferred it into my name and my Company name is now Atutaki Pty Ltd Trading as Virtual Girl Friday. As long as I put that on all my correspondence and website it's all good. This means I can trade all over the world. If I only registered in Australia then I legally could not trade outside of Australia.

Find out the laws for where you are.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting points Danielle - I've never come across such laws in the U.S. regarding websites (which is one reason we have so many 'scam' sites I suppose) but if anyone knows of a law similar to this please pitch in!
Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.