Business Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Me too - the more I think about it (searching for other possible options) the more I come back to it, it's really good! :)
Just be sure you register your URL as soon as you're sure - now that you've conversed in public you don't want anyone else to snap it up.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Go to GoDaddy.com and purchase the URL for your website :)
It's easy and costs very little per year - then you own the domain name that matches your company name...
Had you planned on building a website?

Although it looks like virtualofficeguru.com has been taken...
But you could do thevirtualofficeguru.com

I checked out the domain name and it says it has just been registered. But I don't know if it has really. I could just do vog.com too right? or virtualofficeguru.net? I'm not sure what the logistics are.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
In terms of search engine optimization it's always best to have at least one keyword in the domain name if possible (in this case, virtual and office) - however 3-character domains get really good search rank as well (assuming the site is optimized properly) but are hard to come by (many have been registered already).

If you search for a site and it says it's registered chances are it has been but by someone who is hoping to resell later (like when you get that page that's on virtualofficeguru). If you're not sure go to GoDaddy.com and type the domain into the search box, it will tell you if it's registered or available.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I think if you want thevirtualofficeguru that would be just fine - also, and this is just my own thing, but studies do show people 'relate' better to and remember .com's - .com is better (.net bugs me...) LOL ;)
Whenever possible, get a .com

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I'd keep the LLC out of the domain just for the sake of ease of use (readability) and of course you can design your logo and give your page titles and content all the LLCs you want :)

Okay, I am going to get a .com.... so you prefer thevirtualofficeguru or virtualofficegurullc - it doesn't matter to me, just want some opinions before I get the site when I go home.

Finally, some of the things are starting to fit into place. Woo hoo! I can make my business cards tonight too and get them off Vistaprint to start off. Thank you everyone!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Lily, I would purchase the domain immediately - if you're able to take a quick break from whatever else you're doing...no one here would snag it but people troll for this kind of thing and sit on the domain hoping to make a buck (it's literally called 'cybersquatting') Go for it! And congratulations on a new business name! :)

Office Goddess

Check the threads for DIY biz card suggestions. Also, check for the thread I added to about setting up an llc and your own business. - sorry, don't know EXACTLY where they are located...

Status
Not open for further replies.