Business Cards

PUGH46

Hi everyone

I am just wondering if its worth investing in business cards as a lot of advertising is done online?

Might seem like a daft question but im a newbie

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning.

This is a great questions and I love that you asked it because this is a question that I had when I first started out.

From what I have gathered in the 10 years I have been in business, I would say yes invest in a small quantity of business cards. You never know where you are going to be when you hear someone talking about they need some part time help and if it is administrative or clerical work nine times out of ten it can be done from a home office.

I have picked up several local clients by just being in the right place at the right time and hearing someone talk about just needed a little bit of help.

Vista print has business cards starting out at $7.99 for 100 business cards. That is like a trip to the local coffee spot. ;)

I hope this helps.

PUGH46

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have actually ordered 100 to see how it goes. They should arrive next week.

I have read a couple of articles on pinterest an have seen some people say it's a waste of time so just getting opinions! Like you said if i have them ready to hand you never know it may be a potential client ready and waiting standing right in front of me!

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have actually ordered 100 to see how it goes. They should arrive next week.

I have read a couple of articles on pinterest an have seen some people say it's a waste of time so just getting opinions! Like you said if i have them ready to hand you never know it may be a potential client ready and waiting standing right in front of me!
Super excited to see how they turn out.

Nathaniel Flick

Hi

I have to say I've never needed them, though my business card is my website and the ones I've built in the past, so might be a little bit different. But sometimes I do wish I had a card I could hand someone. What might be even better, though, is if you have time to talk to get that person's phone number so you can call them and be proactive. Being proactive and having great communication are the two top qualities in a VA! :)

I do agree. Regardless of the fact that we work online, being able to spread the word on a local level too, could also lead to some new opportunities. Tricia is right, $8 or $30 or whatever, is a cost that all of us can bear in order to be heard offline. My sister is a secretary to a law firm in my area and she heard a layer discussing some document processing tasks (it involved translation - I'm an accredited EFL Teacher by the Greek Ministry of Education) they considered to allocate to a professional outside the office, she mentioned I'm a VA and I can handle English to Greek translation and they asked for an appointment to discuss the project next week. I'll be dropping by a local printer tomorrow to have him print a set of business cards, my bad for not having printed cards so long ago....

I really like the rectangular design Rachel, it adds style and a modern sense. Best of luck!

I wasn't very lucky with my local printer in regards to my design. He claimed the file was full of pixels and advised to craft a mock-up for me. I went with that but the result was completely, well, not to my liking let's say. Now I'm considering vistaprint but I'm so confused with all those wonderful designs but I wish I could stick with my own concept.

However, it would be a lovely idea if we could share pictures of our business cards and get feedback, I'll attach a pic once I get mine too.

17142156_1933556350206120_1556486911_o.jpg 17148806_1933556343539454_1042595279_o.jpg Hi everyone! As promised, these are my brand new business cards! I got 350 double sided cards plus 140 matching address label stickers for a mere of 10 pounds. I chose vistaprint.co.uk as they were the cheapest and offered me a discount so I thought I didn't have much to lose if I ordered. I'm way satisfied as I got my stuff in less than 5 business days and their customer support is awesome.
The cards are the standard ones but the quality is outstanding for the price. The address labels are cute rectangular stickers with rounded edges with my logo, business name, full name and address and I think it will make a difference to my mail marketing attempt.
Please share your honest opinion on my cards and I look forward to seeing yours too!
Anna

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 80 View attachment 81 Hi everyone! As promised, these are my brand new business cards! I got 350 double sided cards plus 140 matching address label stickers for a mere of 10 pounds. I chose vistaprint.co.uk as they were the cheapest and offered me a discount so I thought I didn't have much to lose if I ordered. I'm way satisfied as I got my stuff in less than 5 business days and their customer support is awesome.
The cards are the standard ones but the quality is outstanding for the price. The address labels are cute rectangular stickers with rounded edges with my logo, business name, full name and address and I think it will make a difference to my mail marketing attempt.
Please share your honest opinion on my cards and I look forward to seeing yours too!
Anna
Anna... I love them. Honestly I love the look and feel of them.

YaySibra

In my opinion it's better to have business cards and not use them than not to have one when it will be very necessary.
You don't know when and where you can meet a potential client

Exactly YaySibra! Websites and Social Media are definitely the way to go nowadays but as you mentioned, you never know where you'll meet your next prospect! Imagine how awkward it will be to handwrite your detail in a paper the moment your prospect asks where they can find more about you or connect or see your offers! It comes by all means more professional to hand a business card at that moment - after all, we ARE professionals.

PUGH46

I really like the rectangular design Rachel, it adds style and a modern sense. Best of luck!

I wasn't very lucky with my local printer in regards to my design. He claimed the file was full of pixels and advised to craft a mock-up for me. I went with that but the result was completely, well, not to my liking let's say. Now I'm considering vistaprint but I'm so confused with all those wonderful designs but I wish I could stick with my own concept.

However, it would be a lovely idea if we could share pictures of our business cards and get feedback, I'll attach a pic once I get mine too.
Thank you!

Zaryou

Hello. I have a business card. I think the Business Card is an excellent indicator for a business person and characterizes it well. It is she who can impress and tell a lot at the first meeting. For this reason, business cards must be decorated correctly, without anything superfluous, and must also have a suitable style, color.

tharris158

These are the cards i ordered. I just ordered 100 to see how i got on with them and a nice case to keep them in :)
I love your cards. I am also getting ready to order some cards and was playing with the idea if I wanted to put something on the card. I love dragonfly's so I was going to put a small dragonfly on as a background. Was not sure how it would look.. But now that I have seen yours .. I love how yours came out.. :) Thanks for sharing.
Tamera