Anyone use Phonepower VOIP?

JoLeicester

When I started my business I was planning to use Obihai to connect my Google voice number to a phone handset for free (I don't have a landline at home, just my cellphone). Unfortunately Google are stopping support of XMPP in May 2014 which means Obihai's will no longer work.

As a result I need a new phone provider. Has anyone used Phonepower? http://www.phonepower.com/ It seems like a reasonable option, but I would want to know about their reliability, customer service etc beofre I took the plunge!

Thanks
Joanne

robinf

I used Phonepower in the past, but their specialty is residential phone service.

Being that you are looking for your business needs, I would really recommend looking into a provider that specializes and focuses on business phone services, where they offer more support options, as well as calling features designed for various business needs. Here is a pretty good list of some of the top VoIP providers for business use: http://getvoip.com/business

Hope this helps! Good luck with your search.

vrsi-office

My perfered VoIP for business is RingCentral. Good price and tons of features. I really like that clients can now text to my business number. (I no longer give out my personal number to clients who want to text to communicate.)

Julie

stacirene

RingCentral, sometimes refered to, Office@Hand is an amazing thing to have. You can do pretty much anything from your personal phone, but have it set up to show your business telephone number.

It also comes with a free toll-free number if your provider is AT&T.

JoLeicester

I eventually opted to try Ooma. There was the up front cost of the system (@$120) and now just state fees/taxes (@$4 a month). I have a multifunction printer and am also able to fax through the Ooma as well (recognizing of course that faxes and VOIP are not a match made in heaven). The voice quality is very good - I've received calls from the UK and they were crystal clear, unlike some VOIP systems I have tried.

Joanne